Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long tube headers on lowered truck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long tube headers on lowered truck?

First id like to say I know theres the truck performance section but I just dont feel that I know the people there as well as I do here lol

So I have my 2003 silverado 4.8 that I would like to put some long tubes on. The truck is also lowered tho 3 inches in front and 4 in back which takes it to about normal car height just about. Would it be too much to put in long tubes because it will scrape more? As it is it scrapes the under body on some hills but only on some like drive ways or entrances. Correct me if im wrong but, I was thinking that it shouldn't because they will typically tuck under the chassis better than a car because its bigger, but you never know. What do you guys think? Any experiences? Also, what brand is good? I was looking at pacesetter but I know people have issues with fitment but are good for the price
Old 05-05-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im pretty sure theyll tuck up between the framerails so you shouldnt have anything to worry about
Old 05-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks, from a fellow Marine! Guessing by your picture

Quick Reply: Long tube headers on lowered truck?