Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

e-cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-cutouts

Whats the best ones to use?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QTP or DMH Low profile cutouts
Old 05-05-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

DMH ftw
Old 05-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Teching In

I picked DMH low profile because of the much longer warranty (5 years) and positive reviews.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DMH low profile, been using them for a out 8 months now and no problems. I heard about motor issue's with the qtp's.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

as long as you dont hold the switch down once they are fully opened or closed the QTP's will be fine. I just installed mine today..I guess I should make a post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DMH has the better reviews lately, QTP has been very mixed from what I have seen.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm buying DMH when the time comes, manual until then.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by itsslow98
DMH has the better reviews lately, QTP has been very mixed from what I have seen.
I've heard DMH's warranty service sucks and the switch that comes with it doesnt allow you to partially open them. Both have trade offs. I did lose a little ground clearance but wound up with more clearance than I was expecting so that was nice.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JJSimon904
I've heard DMH's warranty service sucks and the switch that comes with it doesnt allow you to partially open them. Both have trade offs. I did lose a little ground clearance but wound up with more clearance than I was expecting so that was nice.
Yea I dont have either so i cant say. Just threw my .02 from what i have researched. I'm sure both are damn close in quality.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just gonna throw a little two cents in...... My exhaust guy ( who only does exhaust for his business; that's it) has told me. QTP's are the best cutouts on the market. He has done cutouts for most cars from hot rod's to cadillac's (mine). and was very happy that I came to him with QTP's. He says the motor issues are nothing to be worried about. They open and close slower than most other cutouts on the market, but will outlast DMH's and others. If you compared; which I was unaware of until I saw them. The QTP's motor assembly's are quite a bit bigger than the DMH's. Just to throw it out there. Ive watched video's of the DMH's Low profile cutouts and they both look nice. So all in all.....I'd be in a sticky situation wether or not which one's I was going to choose. I have QTP's but if you want the space DMH's look better for room. If you want longevity.... go with QTP's
Old 05-06-2011, 04:53 AM
Staging Lane

whats the best 2 get
Old 05-06-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wcryan
I'm just gonna throw a little two cents in...... My exhaust guy ( who only does exhaust for his business; that's it) has told me. QTP's are the best cutouts on the market. He has done cutouts for most cars from hot rod's to cadillac's (mine). and was very happy that I came to him with QTP's. He says the motor issues are nothing to be worried about. They open and close slower than most other cutouts on the market, but will outlast DMH's and others. If you compared; which I was unaware of until I saw them. The QTP's motor assembly's are quite a bit bigger than the DMH's. Just to throw it out there. Ive watched video's of the DMH's Low profile cutouts and they both look nice. So all in all.....I'd be in a sticky situation wether or not which one's I was going to choose. I have QTP's but if you want the space DMH's look better for room. If you want longevity.... go with QTP's
Yeah I think the people that have problems with the QTP's probably tend to hold the switch down too long when open/closing them. QTP does sell an electronic controller/switch that can monitor their exact position and keeps the extra stress to a minimum.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JJSimon904
Yes it does, just don't hold down the switch as long. Sometimes i'll just crack them open just to get the extra sound.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

DMH:

QTP:

Can't tell a whole lot by looking at them. I've heard some bad reviews about the QTP's, but never heard a bad thing about the DMH cutouts. I'm planning on the DMH myself. $360 shipped with a 4 year warranty.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Ah, I was told it couldn't do that. If it is partially open, can you close it right there or does it have to be opened all the way before closing?

I know someone who went from dmh to qtp because he had multiple dmh's fail and the qtp has lasted. Its just like the Ford/Chevy debate. Personally, our family has had **** luck with multiple Ford products so I'm a GM guy..but just as many people have bad luck with GM and switch to Ford, etc.