Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal

Hey guys I just picked up an 01 black ws6 last weekend. I'm having trouble with the driver's side turn signal working all the time. Sometimes the bulb is on and the blinker works, other times the bulb is not on and the blinker doesn't work. Also, the blinker or flasher seems to go real slow. I know the bulb is ok because it works half the time, but could it be that there is some corrosion in the socket where the bulb goes? Is the flasher starting to go bad too? Don't flame me too bad if this question has been asked a hundred times, but I did do a search but didn't find anyone with quite the same problem. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its a grond try checking the tail light sockets i just found mine after a year
Old 05-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks man. Its the front drivers side, I should have specified that in begining. I will try what you said but in the front. I appreciate the help.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

If your flashers are slow, try replacing the flasher fuse behind the panel below the steering column.

As for the blinker working intermittenly, remove the socket from the housing and inspect it. Look for corrosion, try cleaning it up a little bit, use a little dielectric grease, and try a new bulb. Also check your wire insulation for tears, or exposed wires.

If none of that works, you could pick up a new socket from GM Parts Direct, and wire it up. Maybe the auto superstore chains carry the socket too???
Old 10-13-2011, 04:09 PM

Replace the flasher(under steering column kick panel, 4 screws, by your right knee, red connector, cliped behind lip of plastic stiffener, easy to reach) Just because one side blinks doesn't mean the flashers ok, and it's only 5 bucks. PS If the blubs light up(both filaments front and rear), it's the flasher.

98 TA

Quick Reply: Turn signal