Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

power, ground for a pillar gauges

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default power, ground for a pillar gauges

I am installing an a pillar gauge pod for my boost controller, trans temp, and wideband gauge/sensor. I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for a solid grounding point - the wideband was very specific in using a reliable ground or it might now show accurate results...it even mentioned using an engine ground? The closest engine ground is towards the front drivers aide of the engine bay, and I had thought you also wanted a relatively short ground wire length if possible. Also, I was wondering what the best 12vjust supply would be? If there is a good write up somewhere and I missed it, I apologize.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

If you pull down your underdash panel, you will see where the factory ground bolt is. It will have a few black wires going there, I would go right there.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bmnicolosi
If you pull down your underdash panel, you will see where the factory ground bolt is. It will have a few black wires going there, I would go right there.
You can even clean the ground all the way down to bare metal. I noticed some grounds were painted.

Quick Reply: power, ground for a pillar gauges