Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

B&m ripper

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&m ripper

installed my ripper the other day and could not be happier installation went smoothly the shifts are much closer and smoother i like just about everything about it.. noisier than stock but i am getting used to it i highly reccomend this shifter to anyone who is thinking about getting one got it for $189 took about 1 hour to install i am glad i went with the B&M instead of HURST my buddy with a 98 has a hurst with short stick and i don't care for it but to each his own
Old 05-07-2011, 10:33 AM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got one as well. Like everything about it except the noise. It's got a rattling/vibrating sound that comes up the shaft and resonates through the shifter ****. I might pull the shifter out and try to pack more grease where the linkage and teflon ball on the bottom of the shaft mate up.
Oh, I got my shifter on Craigslist for $40......
Old 05-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

yes i have the same noise.. just doesnt dampen sound like the stock one if that works let me know i will do the same that was a good deal but i have lost my faith in craigslist
Old 05-21-2011, 02:05 AM
TECH Regular

That noise is normal for most after market shifters. The reason for the noise is that the stock shifter has rubber insolators which makes it feel mushy and sloppy, but the insolator stops the noise from vibrating up the shifter. A scarifice well worth it. Just turn your radio louder or run your car uncapped. LOL. problem solved.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same shifter, but the only noise transfer I hear is if I rest my hand on the shifter. Other than that it's quiet. Mine is old and broken in though lol