Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 6sd supra mark 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 6sd supra mark 3

So i am getting my ls1 into my supra this year. Has anyone seen or done this. Can someone give me the links I need to wire it. And any link that may help. I am using a 99 ss 6speed
Old 05-09-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It has been done, there was a recent thread that linked to a couple of them. You might try a search on this forum.

Unfortunately threads on this site having anything to do with a supra usually end up in troll bashing and petty squabbles. So to cut down on search time you might try looking for the word supra in locked threads (just a joke)
Old 05-09-2011, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Yup, this guy can fix you up, I used 'em.

http://www.currentperformance.com/index.html
Old 05-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

all i have to say is why..........i accually looked for a 2jztte and /or a 7mgte to put in my 1980 trans am before i found the ls1 in it now.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 50kta
all i have to say is why..........i accually looked for a 2jztte and /or a 7mgte to put in my 1980 trans am before i found the ls1 in it now.
Why!?
1st, its a 2jzgte....not 2jzgtte
And, 7mgte? Can you spell B-L-O-W-N-H-E-A-D-G-A-S-K-E-T-?
2nd, Ls engine platforms are all over the F'n place, as in multiple millions of this style of engine across the world from 4.8 to 6.2 liters. They produce great low end torque and make great power in stock form (400++ from a 6.2) and parts are always with in spitting distance. The engines last, and anything you can do to the 2jzgte (except for massive boost on a stock Ls engine) you can do on an Ls-only much better because you start out with between 1.8 and 3.2 MORE liters.

3rd, 2jzgte's are old tech maintenance ******, yes they are tough and can handle lots of boost and make lots of power, but there still old and falling apart...even if you get an Aristo with 58K on the clock-ask me how I know....Also the low end SUCKS, even on a 3K lb car with a 5 spd and 3:73 gears on a 24.7" tire.

4th, that darn 2j weighs over 600 lbs-not including the trans, where as the aluminum v8's weigh about 440 lbs, and the v8 is shorter for better packaging. I think I've pulled about 200lbs of the nose of my Supra with the Ls1 engine if you take into account the intercooler,pipes etc, and added a paltry 40-50 lbs at the low middle of the car-darn that wonderful weight relocation! It will be much better with improved traction and cornering, and braking from weight removal and helpful relocation.
The list goes on.....
Also, if you had a hard time finding a 2j engine-you were not looking hard enough or not doing your research, you can use the 2jzge engine out of any Lexus and put a turbo on the NA version.

BTW there was another guy who did a MK 3, he used the Cadillac CTS-V stock exhaust headers, he had to angle mill the divers side to clear the steering shaft and use spherical washers to compensate for the angle. Or maybe he used a spacer at the top of the header to pull the lower portion in for clearance-I forget..but you now have a starting point if you don't want to do custom headers.

I'm planting an LS! T56 in a very nice 83 MK2 Supra, well I've been trying too, life keeps getting in the way!

Ooops, 5 month old thread- necrothreading...

Last edited by brian g; 10-24-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Quick Reply: ls1 6sd supra mark 3