General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I have no idea?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have no idea?

If it is hot outside and I turn on the AC and get up to speed I get a noise coming from the rear cargo area that sound like if you were blowing on a leaf when you were younger. It gets lower/louder depending on the speed the ac is set on.If I roll down the window for a few minutes and roll it back up the noise stops. Does it sound like the hatch seal is flexing with the heat and needs to be replaced? It's ANNOYING!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Does the sound go away when you turn off the AC and fan?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not from the rear. It's a leaf or leaves in your blower motor. It is VERY easy to fix too. Pop off the panel above the passenger footwell, 1 nut on the firewall and 2 clip things up near the front. Remove the plug for the blower motor, remove the 3 bolts holding it in and remove it. Then empty out the leaves that got sucked in there. I've done this on 2 different cars. Same issue every time.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elthesh
It's not from the rear. It's a leaf or leaves in your blower motor. It is VERY easy to fix too. Pop off the panel above the passenger footwell, 1 nut on the firewall and 2 clip things up near the front. Remove the plug for the blower motor, remove the 3 bolts holding it in and remove it. Then empty out the leaves that got sucked in there. I've done this on 2 different cars. Same issue every time.
Yes,it is from the rear and I have a new blower.

Code:
Does the sound go away when you turn off the AC and fan?
Yes

Today,I actually pressed up on the inside part near the middle section of the window and I could actually make it change pitch.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Well, if it starts and stops with the AC and fan, then its in the dash. Maybe you are hearing a sound reflection off the curved glass in the back? Our ears are so close to all the glass surfaces, they can play weird games on us.

Quick Reply: I have no idea?