Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

z06 clutch loosing pressure???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z06 clutch loosing pressure???

So Ill try and describe this the best I can.....please help fellas...When I initially engage my clutch everything works fine...in and out of gears no problem 1st, 2nd reverse etc....no banging or anything.
The issue is if I leave my foot on the clutch or leave it engaged for example while at a stop light It almost seems to loose more and more pressue and if Ive been holding it down for 15 seconds and then go to engage it in first it almost acts as if the clutch isnt engaged at all and either I have to really slam it into gear, which usually reasults in some not so good sounding noises. Or completely let off the clutch and then re engaged it to build back up the pressure.
Shop here in vegas said there was nothing wrong with the slave or master cyl. And that the clutch has plenty of life left.
Its almost as if theres some sort of air in there but the shop also said he went to bleed it and it didnt need to be?
I have read that sometimes you have to bleed through almost a whole bottle to be sure you got all the air. Should I just go to the shop and insist thats what they try?? lol
I really wish I didnt live in a apt for times like these and could trouble shoot it myself but thats not the case
Old 05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't go back to the shop. Either have someone help you bleed it in the apartment parking lot, or do it yourself by drilling a hole through the floor pan. I did the hole in the floor plan and now I never have to lift the car to bleed it and I can do it by myself in a matter of minutes.