Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wrangler running but at a loss

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrangler running but at a loss

got everything running well just have a few problems left to sort out.

When running around 50 - 60 it seems to want to slip in and out of gear while driving or better yet like it is engaging and disengaging cruise control lightly.

it is like a mis, but no i am trying to decide if it is
1. Tuning
2. 4l60e related
3. 3.55 gears and 35" mud tires puts me reallly low in rpm range with converter locked speed range of 50 - 68. 70-80 seems perfect for cruising around 1800 rpm

my issues could be related to the rpm range for part being so low, but it seems like i have a fuel issue and smells like it is running rich. When i try to crank it takes a try or two for it to crank. if you hit the pedal and then crank it will turn right over. I know it sounds like a carb motor, but it isn't.

I don't know enough about fuel injected motors, but it also is loping at idle like it has a cam ( no cam just stock truck engine 2000 model) I had a 99 z71 with same motor and it was like a cadillac at idle, so i know what this motor should run like even it is supposed to be a little more muscle car type with the modifications to the computer and removal of the rear o2 sensors.

It is not throwing any codes on my obII scanner so I am not sure where to start.

I removed all the evap stuff from the jeep fuel system and just have the tank vented to the atmosphere. I would not think that this would be anything to do with it, but maybe fuel system is pulling air ?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

PCM set for that gear and tires?
Fuel psi is?
Is the "slipping" the tc locking/unlocking?
Sounds like it's time for some data logging and posting the tune file...Someone should be able to help.

Quick Reply: wrangler running but at a loss