Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New to ls1! N my 1st mechanical issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to ls1! N my 1st mechanical issue

Whats good guys!! I have a 99 z28 I just purchased, love the car!! But I just encouter my first problem! :-(
Today as I turn on my Ride the clutch pedal got stuck to the floor?? The clutch pedal can easily be moved back up by hand, but when I step down on the clutch it stays down? The fluid level is good. So my guess might me that my clutch master cylinder gave out? Any suggestions???
Old 05-14-2011, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with your diagnosis. I would say your Master Cylinder is on its way out.

Mine started failing last Fall. I decided I didn't want to throw every remedy in the book at it. I wanted to do whatever it takes to eliminate this problem.

After doing search after search on here and other websites (which I recommend you do as well), I decided the best way to attack this problem would to be to replace the entire clutch hydraulic system with the best aftermarket pieces. This pretty much consisted of a new GM Slave Cylinder and a TICK Performance Adjustable Master Cylinder.

My brother and I just finished installing these pieces (as well as a Monster Level 3 Clutch) on my car earlier this week, but I have yet to drive the car. I'm hopeful my problems are solved.

I'll be sure to update this thread once I get to drive the car and row the gears.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey I have a spare stock master if you want it.