Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP Motor Not Firing and Fuel Pump not working Right

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP Motor Not Firing and Fuel Pump not working Right

Hey guys just got my car all to gather and tryed to fire it up and the Fuel pump will come on for just a 1/2 sec and thats it. All so i am getting no Spark at the Plugs i have a PSI harness and called them but so far no help from them. They said they would call me back tomorrow with some help but i was thinking you guys might know whats wrong.

Started calling PSI at 12:00 to day and they called me back at 5:30 and said it would be tomorrow be for he could look at the wiring Lay out and have me trace some wires to find out whats wrong.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would start by checking the basics, check for voltage at the coils while cranking, same with injectors, I would check both banks. Check for adequate ground while cranking. Check the PCM and see if there are any faults stored, verify that the PCM is seeing an RPM signal.

Mark
Old 05-12-2011, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Marky522
I would start by checking the basics, check for voltage at the coils while cranking, same with injectors, I would check both banks. Check for adequate ground while cranking. Check the PCM and see if there are any faults stored, verify that the PCM is seeing an RPM signal.

Mark
THANKS Marky i have checked the Coils and NO Fire While Cranking same with the Fuel pump i know it has Adequate Ground i checked and the PCM is New from PSI should not have anything Stored.

Like i said the Relay for the Fuel pump has power for about 1/2 sec when the Key is first turned on and then Nothing. The pump should run for 2 sec to build Pressure but it dont.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a similar issue, my computer had randomly **** the bed. New computer and no problem.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has the computer been tuned to take out the vats?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Sounds like a vats issue to me also ....
Old 05-12-2011, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

OK guys just found the Problem it was a Lose Ground wire i did not see Hooked it up and Motor fired Right up.

Just goes to show even if you look at something 100 times and think its all right look it over a 100 more and you might find something.

THANKS for all the Help Guys.

Quick Reply: HELP Motor Not Firing and Fuel Pump not working Right