Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq9 with l92 heads/ls3 intake and water pump

Old 05-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq9 with l92 heads/ls3 intake and water pump

I've been reading alot of threads regarding the issue on truck engines converting to a car intake and still using truck accessories. I'm confused on what really needs to be changed. If I were to put a l99 water pump on, what else needs to be changed for it to work? If I were to put a f body water pump on, along with spacers, what else needs to be done? I've seen people relocate their alt and some modding it and same with idler pulley. Can someone clarify for me what needs to be done and how please. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by colorado808
I've been reading alot of threads regarding the issue on truck engines converting to a car intake and still using truck accessories. I'm confused on what really needs to be changed. If I were to put a l99 water pump on, what else needs to be changed for it to work? If I were to put a f body water pump on, along with spacers, what else needs to be done? I've seen people relocate their alt and some modding it and same with idler pulley. Can someone clarify for me what needs to be done and how please. Thanks in advance.
The L99 water pump should fit with the truck accessories with out the need for spacers, you just have to cut some off the alternator bracket for it to clear outlet of the pump. Then mover the idle pulley as well.

If you do the F-body LS1 water pump you have to uses spacer, cut a tab off the alt bracket, and relocate the idler pulley

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lq9 with l92 heads/ls3 intake and water pump