View Full Version : Bull Dogs

mirror12
05-13-2011, 10:22 PM
does any one have a opinion about pit bull dogs. ive had several over the years and never had any that were mean. they are like any canine that you adopt. You feed them,love them and they give that love right back ten fold. I currently have two pitbull dogs and they are the sweetest most lovable companions I've ever had.

msydow
05-13-2011, 10:27 PM
my uncle just had a pit/kurr cross pup dumped at his house. he gave her to my mom and she is the sweetest dog. she ate my step dad's green bean plants the other day. i had to go help put a pen after that. really pretty though.

mirror12
05-13-2011, 10:50 PM
a vegetarian pit? Good luck with that dog. pitsftw

9WhiteCamaro9
05-14-2011, 07:24 PM
I have a blue fawn pit and two pit mixes and I couldn't ask for better dogs. The baby is the blue fawn and he's a little over 4 months weighs in at 40lbs and is nothing more than a lap dog, lol. Now he will let you know when he doesn't like something say if someone walks up and all he does is bark and when you call him by his name, his tail will start wagging and he's as happy as ever. The other two, one male other female are the outside dogs and say if someone pulls up, they do the average bark, nothing aggressive or anything. I wouldn't give anything for my pits cause like the OP said, if you treat em right, there no different than say a collie or lab.

It'llrun
05-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Treated well, Pits are great! They're still more likely to be aggressive than most other breeds which could actually cause serious harm to people, so I like to have them around other dogs as much as possible from the start. I've got 6 dogs now, including 4 six week old Jack Russell mix pups, an adult female JR and a male lab/shepherd mix. Not looking for more, but another Pitbull wouldn't bug me if I was. Had and got rid of 9 about this time 2yrs ago. My brother got one and a friend got another. Aside from those, I have no idea where they wound up, but my nephew took the 7 and gave them to his g/f whose father made her give them away. Takers were NOT difficult to find.

djsanchez2
05-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Pitbulls are freaking awesome!! I love all the ones i've had growing up. They are extremely intelligent and will do anything to please. They are also GREAT with children.

They do have one pitfall, they don't usually care for other smaller dogs. I have never had a Pit bite anyone, adult or child. Hell my stupid Dalmation was the only dog i've ever had that bit someone.

IronOutlaw
05-14-2011, 08:37 PM
We've got a 6 month old Blue Pit and a 3 month old American Bulldog. They are great around people and love kids. The 3 month old still likes to nip pretty hard but not in anm aggresive way.
The only thing that makes me nervous is when they play fight. They get very aggressive but stop when I tell them to. I wouldnt want to leave them alone all day I think they would actually fight.

9WhiteCamaro9
05-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I will whenever I can get up and get to the computer, lol but I'm in for pics of everyone's pits if they can and don't mind.

bestlude
05-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Ive seen some reallly mean ones before, especially on documentarys on tv about how they kill people... BUT one of My buddys has two pitts and they are really nice, seems like they couldnt hurt a fly its wierd.. i think they are look cool but i guess it just depends

9WhiteCamaro9
05-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Ive seen some reallly mean ones before, especially on documentarys on tv about how they kill people... BUT one of My buddys has two pitts and they are really nice, seems like they couldnt hurt a fly its wierd.. i think they are look cool but i guess it just depends

This is true but IMHO, it's a breed that more people want these days and the media wants to blow it up. The real 100% true pits were actually bred to love humans and hate other animals because they were bred for entertainment reasons as well as for hunting and what not with fighting them with either each other or other type breed dogs or other animals. All three of mine along great with each other as well as with other dogs, people and especially kids. Say if for some reason I'm sitting in the floor, my 4 month old with come up and lay in my lap about like a cat, lol. I honestly can't say but good things about mine.

LS69TA
05-14-2011, 08:57 PM
I've had 4, and they were all great dogs. Never had any problems out of them. The daddy was a typical alpha-male and did not like other dogs, but was a big baby when it came down to it. The media gives them a bad rap because of the people that make them fight and don't raise them right. Any animal can be made to be mean if you train it that way.

JIBBBY
05-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Pit Bulls someone said?

1badWS6
05-14-2011, 10:56 PM
There's a few threads on this. You always have the media nut swingers dogging on the breed and how bad they are. When in all reality, probably zero of them have ever had one.

SN, I have two and a three year old daughter. Nothing but love from them...

1gt2nv
05-15-2011, 04:32 PM
I have two pits and love them to death. One I got as a puppy( 4 weeks old) and the other I got when he was 3. He's the puppies daddy! The puppy is great. But the big guy was from a very bad home. When I got him, all his ribs on the left side were busted and he had a busted leg. I took him to a vet, got all his shots, blood work ect.......... He's a good dog now. Just loves my wife and I alot. I worked with him to trust others again. He still needs some work, but he doesn't bite anyone. Just want food and love.

It'llrun
05-15-2011, 07:51 PM
One of my brothers has a rednose(he got from me) and it's HUGE! Well, not as big as Pits can get, but he's a solid 85 lb fella and he doesn't much like small male dogs. He gets along fine with his neighbors Pit, which is even bigger(donno what he's mixed with, but I think, horse), and that dog is quite nice. His dog, on the other hand, is great with people and larger dogs and EVEN cats! Little dogs seem to just piss him off and he CANNOT be left around them for any amount of time, even with people present.

Fast T
05-15-2011, 09:25 PM
I love my pit bulls. I have two,a boy and a girl:D.They are the sweet dogs in the world:nod:.

prochargedchevyi
05-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Nature vs. Nuture

I have pit/American bull dog mix and he's the best dog we've ever owned. He was a Hurricane Katrina rescue and someone shot him in the face because he was scrounging for food around a dumpster. Doctors at the ASPCA reconstructed his face and did a great job. Before that, he was used as "bait" for other pits to "train". Needless to say, if I ever could find out who the previous owners were, I'd beat them to death.

And even after all that, he's the most docile animal I've ever met. So yeah, the dumbass media gives them terrible and undeserved rep.

9WhiteCamaro9
05-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Nature vs. Nuture

I have pit/American bull dog mix and he's the best dog we've ever owned. He was a Hurricane Katrina rescue and someone shot him in the face because he was scrounging for food around a dumpster. Doctors at the ASPCA reconstructed his face and did a great job. Before that, he was used as "bait" for other pits to "train". Needless to say, if I ever could find out who the previous owners were, I'd beat them to death.

And even after all that, he's the most docile animal I've ever met. So yeah, the dumbass media gives them terrible and undeserved rep.

Dang man, dog is tough, lol. And not in the sence of tough for fighting. Sounds like you got a heck of a buddy there. Glad he is ok and doing well. I can't stand them fuckers that fights these dogs for fun or for money.

Screamin_99
05-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Ive had mine since he was just a puppy.. Best dog I have EVER owned to this point. He only barks when there is a problem and listens to commands fairly well. He was also fairly easy to train and house break. I even taught him a few tricks like catching food/treats and to sit. Very easy going animal.

Hate the deed, not the breed.

texasglock23
05-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Any and everything you want/need to know pm me. We rescue American Pit Bull Terriers

bstuby
05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
I have had my female American pit since she was 3 months old, and she is about a 1 1/2 years old now, got her for free from a buddy who said if he couldnt get rid of her he was going to put her down. I was kinda leary at first, because I didnt know that much about pitbulls, but after I did some research on how to raise them right, I honestly cannot ask for a better dog.

She is the biggest baby in the world when it comes to people. When I go visit my bro and his 4 kids, I put her in the back yard with them and they wear each other out from playin so much. Its a win/win for both of us. The only downfall with her is, is that she is a big ball of energy. At 10 pm when were ready to go to bed, she wants to play and run. I usually walk her about 2hrs a day to try and burn off some of it. I sometimes wonder if she loves my fiancee more haha.

In all honesty tho, the media sucks and they just need some dog to target. If you look back thru the years the pitbull was the best dog you could have. Back in the 70's it was the german shepard that was deemed vicious, 80's it was the dobermin, and the 90's to the present its still pitbulls. If you beat the shit out of any dog, then yes they will be mean.

Im very glad I took my buddy up on his offer for her, because I have the best dog I could ask for. I will post some pics up later of her.

1badWS6
05-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Here's one of my boys looking at tech with me. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/flux565/imagejpeg_2_37.jpg

*02WS6TURK*
05-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Get a Great Pyrenees :) Huge dogs, ours is pushing 100+ lbs right now at 8 months old. He will get to be roughly 150-175. Great temperment and awesome with kids and other dogs. Here's a couple pics from a few months ago. He's huge now.

bstuby
05-16-2011, 10:54 PM
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/bstuby/20110504115011.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/bstuby/20110504114858.jpg

She's with the fiancee's poodle, they get along good most of the time
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/bstuby/20101223121608.jpg

My 2 girls haha
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/bstuby/20101120115416.jpg

AnnivSS
05-26-2011, 07:58 AM
I opened this with the initial thought "oh god, another pit bull thread." BUt, this ones turned out pretty postitive.

PlatnumStatuz
05-26-2011, 08:08 AM
I love pit bulls. They get a bad rap. I'm gonna post a pic of mine. They make good pets! I like that Villa Lobos pit bull rescue show they have a bunch of nice dogs.

texasglock23
05-26-2011, 10:02 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/jared1217/layla001.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/fredwho/IMG_0914.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/fredwho/IMG_0528.jpg

killagt
05-26-2011, 10:24 AM
my place suck, its illegal to own a pitbull -_-

1badWS6
05-26-2011, 01:26 PM
my place suck, its illegal to own a pitbull -_-

Thanks to BSL. Total bullshit if you ask me.

mice13
06-21-2011, 04:53 PM
My Baya :cool:

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/mice13/coolnanas.jpg