Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

need some help -02 fuel system issues after aeromotive 340 install

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need some help -02 fuel system issues after aeromotive 340 install

I am running a 99-02 tank with an aeromotive 340 fuel pump. I have upgraded the wiring to the pump using the racetronix wiring upgrade kit. My bird is a garage queen and I basically never drive it. Right now I am trying to troubleshoot this fuel issue and it is keeping it off the street entirely. I would appreciate member feedback on helping me troubleshoot I have done a bit of research but I'm using a new pump that the consumer has had little roadtesting with.

I performed the Walbro bucket mod (stickied to the top of this forum) as instructed by the original long aeromotive 340 thread that got locked.. my setup is basically stock otherwise.

When I I first completed the install, the car was getting approx 70psi of fuel pressure at the rail. It would prime to about 25psi and then drop down (not sure how low). The car would fire right up, and would run and drive great. Maybe a bit rich? I knew I had to get my fpr down to 58. I probably drove the car 2 miles total running like this over a 2 week period driving it around a few blocks, etc)

I made no changes to the car, just parked it back in the garage.

Now, the car will hardly start. The pump primes to about 25psi before dropping back down to zero psi after I put the car into ignition. I can get it to start but it is simply not getting enough fuel. Fp will hover around 25psi, any attempts to rev the car will cause it to die. The car will die on its own after idling for a period of time.

Also, I noticed on my fuel rail, the "surge" regulator (can't find hardly any info on this, it specifically says "made in germany" right on the front- I will post a picture) has a broken seal around it and I can easily move around the center piece from the housing with light pressure. Is there a way to remove this or replace it without getting a whole new fuel rail?

Any ideas, guys? Did my pump fail already but only giving 1/3rd output?, did my fpr regulator go? Maybe it has something to do with the fuel rail "surge"? I have a new fuel filter on the car as well.

Please help me troubleshoot, thanks
Attached Thumbnails need some help -02 fuel system issues after aeromotive 340 install-imag0203.jpg  

Last edited by ledesordre; 05-14-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out. My fuel line on the pump blew off. I hunted down some high pressure fuel injection specific hose and FI clamps as well.

Next question:
How do i adjust the stock FPR? I know it uses a torx bit with a hole in the middle.
Anybody know?

Quick Reply: need some help -02 fuel system issues after aeromotive 340 install