Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumb cutout question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default dumb cutout question

so im going with the DMH electric cutout system kinda a dumb question here never run cutouts. well a few questions actually. getting the bbk long tubes and y pipe kit pretty sure the y pipe is a 2.5 its w/e my question is where are cutouts typically placed? one on each header right after the collecetor so i would have to buy two cutouts or are they placed on the mid pipe so only one cutout is needed. which sounds better so far i am under the assumption id be getting two and placing each one somewhere after the collector on the header and before the merge on the y pipe on each header. advice please i am buying soon and dont want to buy then be like ah crap.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

also on dmh when ordering there a crapload of options i.e dual with flowtech , dual borla, what are they including extra in the flowtech kit. is it the actual small pipe piece the electric flange attaches to or do they standardly inlude that in there basic kit
Old 05-14-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typically people jsut palce one cut out in the I pipe before it goes over the axle.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

bought the DMH cutout and im going to place it in the mid pipe before the axle. dont want ridiculous cabin noise after all. should sound nice with the bbk headers i bought too