LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Predator questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator questions

Alright i just got the diablo predator and I need some help understanding some of the lingo. I want to make sure I do everything right so when I am done using it is not locked up.

These were the insturctions on the Diablo site. As long as I do the portion labeled "Upload original backup from predator to PC" will this assure when I am done with my tunes that I can restore the predator so it is not locked when I go to sell? I have also read that the original tune needs to be restored to my vehicle so it is not locked? Does that mean that If I want the last tune to my vehicle to be my new custom tune that the predator will be locked when I go to sell meaning I need to pay to have it unlocked? Helpl. Planning on having Lew give me a custom tune but wanted to check out the canned tunes.

GM_E40 PC Interface:

Hardware required:
12VDC 1.0A Power supply
DB-9 9-pin Serial Cable Extension (Radio Shack part no: 26.117B)

Download / install “GM_E40 PC Interface” software, follow the steps to finish install.

Once Install completed:

Upload original backup from predator to PC

To get your original backup file from Predator to your PC, follow these steps.
NOTE: The Predator must have saved the original backup before proceeding.
1/ Power the Predator up and connect the serial cable.
2/ Go to the “options” menu, then go to “Custom Tune” menu, then go to” Export Tune”. Select “Original Backup” then go to PC interface software.
3/ In PC interface software select “Get File”, in the following field name your backup file accordingly, the software will save the file in the same folder as the .exe file is located in, which is generally, C:\Program Files\DiabloSport\Predator Interface. If you want to save it to different location, select “browse” and pick your place to save the file in.
4/ Click “Ok” when completed, then click “Ok” on the following box since we already started process in Predator. You should see a “bytes transferred” dialogue at the bottom left of software window and the Predator should have a % progress bar displayed on it during transfer. You will get a “Upload Complete” once file is successfully transferred to your PC.

Download tune from PC to Predator

1/ Power the Predator up and connect the serial cable.
2/ Go to the “options” menu, then go to “Custom Tune” menu, then go to “Import Custom Tune”, then go to PC interface software.
3/ In PC interface software select “Send File”, in the following field select your custom tune accordingly. Then click “Open” and the bottom left of the software should say “Communicating”, then a transfer dialogue should come up.
NOTE: Please disregard the “Error:..Wrong Signature: CRYE4000” in the description box when selecting the tune.
Once completed you will see a “Download Complete” box pop up, just click “Ok”.

Installing Custom Tune into vehicle

1/ Plug Predator into vehicle.
2/ The Predator will display “Custom Tune” instead of “Performance Tune”, select “Custom Tune” and follow on screen instructions.
NOTE: Adjustable parameters can be adjusted on a custom tune.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With no responces I think I got it. When you enter the first tune it saves a back up file first. Then you can enter your tune. Next I needed to download the original tune from my predator to my PC. Nothing like answering my own questions LOL! I used the 93 Octane no DOD tune and the first thing I have to say is Death to DOD! WOW! It was a huge difference it feels like a V8 should be it screams. Once I have Lew do his custom tune in the future It will be interesting to see how much better things get!
Old 05-14-2011, 10:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I already replied to your email you sent me man...

all those instructions you listed, are not for just installing the canned preset diablo performance tunes, hehe... those are for if/when you want to get a custom tune done...

and as for it being "locked" to your car... as soon as you install one of the tunes to your car, it saves a copy of your original stock tune (the "original backup") to the predator... at that point, it is locked to your car...

so if you then decide to sell the predator, then you need to restore the original backup stock GM tune back to your car, to remove the diablo tune from your car and unlock/reset the predator so the next person can use it...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Quick Reply: Predator questions