Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

dual pump how to do the wiring ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default dual pump how to do the wiring ?

I just recently got my "xxx" engine thats pushing around 800 hps with no nos. The plan is for 250 of nos too. Too keep this engine from being thirsty i also purchased a high flow perfornmance twin fuel pump. Has anyone installed this pump? I will need some help. The assembly is missing the floater and sending unit, soo naturally install the old one on the assembly, but where do i plug it in? Also there are wires coming out from the middle with many labels. Do i splice into the old harness and solder then just take the main too the alternator and ground too ground? Or is there another way you guys recommend? Any tips? Any dont does? Also i noticed there is no regulator, what do you guys recommend to do for that?
Thanks for any help.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:21 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your going to want to run one pump to the stock harness and the second pump will be activated by a hobbs switch so that it only comes on under boost.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll want to install a regulator on the end of the fuel rail or between the fuel rail and the return line.

You could run both pumps off the power supply. If you go this route instead of the Hobbs switch method recommended about, do make sure you have a enough wire there to handle the needed power. Also, make sure the return line is big enough to handle the extra flow from both pumps at idle.

I'd recommend hardwiring the pumps to the battery to make sure they get the proper voltage (appropriate sized fuse and relay necessary, of course).