Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Engine swap, now wont go into gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine swap, now wont go into gear

So I just finished my 5.3 engine swap and got everything buttoned up and rolled it out the garage...started it went to go into gear and it slipped right in...a few feet later I pushed the clutch in to slow for the slope coming out of my driveway onto the pavement and the clutch is hard as hell. Wont go in a gear at all. I just put all new hydraulics in not even 2months ago. I ended up shutting the car off, putting it in gear and starting it again and giving it gas to keep it running...while driving it around the block to get back to my house so I could put it back in the garage, I tried to get over 1800RPM's and it would slip the clutch. Would this hint towards the hydraulic line possibly being half way unsnapped off the slave cylinder and only getting a little bit of fluid and keeping it from engaging the clutch completely?

I'm going to tear into it tommorow but it'd be nice if I had some idea's of what exactly to look for incase the line isn't just simply popped out of the slave.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Launching!

No one?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Launching!

the Slave was having some issues so I replaced it with a brand new one, got everything bled and I started the car and it went into gear just fine. 1,2,3 all great, shut the car off and got my exhaust and driveshaft on and now the car is doing the same bullshit. It won't go into gear while running,clutch won't disengage. I jacked the rear end up and tried putting it in gear and it still wouldn't, so I put it in 1st then started it and with the pedal all the way in the tires still spin. Any idea's here guys? the clutch is a stock one, flywheel hasn't been turned down. This setup worked just fine with my ls1 2wks ago. Only thing I replaced that has to do with the tranny, is I put a roller bearing in, rather than using a bushing for the input shaft.
I'd really like some help here guys!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like your return to allow the pressure from the slave to feed back is clogged? check your master cylinder
Old 06-18-2011, 02:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ I agree also could ur fluid be heating up due to exhaust temp

Quick Reply: Engine swap, now wont go into gear