LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

USAA selling extended warranties to it's members now! (just enrolled my GXP)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USAA selling extended warranties to it's members now! (just enrolled my GXP)

Was thinking about selling my GXP (just got out of warranty in March) until I stumbled upon this today. Apparently just late last year USAA members can sign up for extended warranties on their vehicles as long as they are under (7 or 8 years) and 75,000 miles.

0 dollar deductable and can be used at any certified shop (so I'll be going to cadillac dealers now []) Also can be transferred if you sell the car to a new owner one time.

Anyway, really good prices and it's basically bumper to bumper (they list the exclusions) but their aren't many in there. Got 2 years and 24,000 miles for $1,435.00 on the GXP.

Pretty happy with that price considering the car has 57,000 miles on it now and the dealer wouldn't even sell me anything at this point.

Anyone with USAA should check it out if you're in the market for extended warranties. I checked around and a lot of guys in the military (or prior) on the Mercedes boards have used these on their AMG's with no problems at all. Obviously it would be great to not use this at all, but now I have piece of mind on the transmission.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I think extend warranties are a good thing if you DD these cars, and don't plan on modifying them much.

Another option is an extended warranty through GM.

My 3/36,000 Major Guard Plan was $1,500.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan921SS
Nice! I think extend warranties are a good thing if you DD these cars, and don't plan on modifying them much.

Another option is an extended warranty through GM.

My 3/36,000 Major Guard Plan was $1,500.
They wouldn't let me get a major guard because I was so far out of the normal warranty window. I bought the car "certified" so I had a 1 year 12,000 mile warranty from the certification, but normally you can only get major guard warranties while the car is still under the original bumper to bumper, or pretty damn close after.

Dealership wouldn't sell me one when I asked, and they were going to go through a 2nd party as well. For a one year, it was almost $2,100

So this was def. a better alternative.

Quick Reply: USAA selling extended warranties to it's members now! (just enrolled my GXP)