Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Comp cams short travel hydraulic link bar lifters

Old 05-19-2011, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comp cams short travel hydraulic link bar lifters

Does anyone have any exprience with the new comp limited travel hydraulic lifters? Are they made by Morel? Are they as good as the Morels? Nobody has nuthin in stock xcept the compcam limited travel hydraulic race lifters. i would rather use the morels as I know they r good but lookn at other optins cuz the morels r holdin up my build.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

I am using the comp cams short race lifters although I don't have enough miles on them to know how they hold up. They are really quiet and should be used with adjustable rocker arms. There isn't a lot of preload travel on them and comp recomends 1/8 turn past zero for the preload.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I spoke to comp cams a while back and the guy on the phone couldn't tell me who made them. He had no idea. He could only tell me the country of origin was the USA. I'm not sure how many company's in the US are actually making their lifters vs. putting their name on them. Judging by the pictures, they look different than the Morels, but I have no idea if I'm looking at a stock photo comp uses for all of their link bar lifters, or if I'm looking at the actual lifter in question. Fwiw, I ended up staying with and waiting for the Morels.

I'd be curious to know the answer to your question though.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Black tie;

I have a set of the short travel hydraulics and they are tricky, theire spring inside is very soft and you won't be able to get them rite till you fire up the engine and load them up, them you can get a fair adjustment, so you really need to lieve them kind a loose at first otherwise the valve will stay open and the engine will run very pourly. I olse found they where not properly deburred, and the finish is inadequate, so i deburred and polished them in the critical areas, and in the mean time i learned how to use them. I olse have them for sale, cause i bought an GM lsx block and that came with a fixed twin cup to hold them from rotation, so i don,t need the link-bar type anymore, Pm me if you need them, David.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are only like three companies that make ALL the lifters for everybody........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Comp cams short travel hydraulic link bar lifters