Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Poll: Sunroof Or NO Sunroof ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poll: Sunroof Or NO Sunroof ????

Who would buy a V without a sunroof? Reasons? Thinking of buying a V without a sunroof and thinking of resale down the road. Would not having a sunroof keep a lot of people from buying it?
Old 05-19-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car's lighter, one less thing to break down, I hardly use it, doubtful it would affect resale. I could use the car's lack of a sunroof as a buying tool for a lower price, though.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont get my wrong I love the sunroof but it makes noise and leaks water.
I had the sunroof tinted to keep the light and heat out.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

It won't affect price, but it will affect the number of potential buyers. I did not, and never will consider the purchase of a non-sunroof car if a sunroof option is available. I personally love the additional light in the car and never pull the shade. I might be a bit claustrophobic, but NADA and Kelley Blue Book agree with my assesment.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

I wouldnt buy one without a sunroof. I love it too much.

Although some people prefer not to have a sunroof. On a rare car like this it could go either way down the road. Someone either looking specifically for one without....or more people preferring one.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:20 AM
On The Tree

If i recall correctly, the non sunroof v1's are pretty rare. Being a rare version of an already pretty rare car could be a positive to the right buyer.
Besides, more head room, no noise, and no chance of leaking are three good reasons to buy it. That's just my .02..
Old 05-20-2011, 07:08 AM
Launching!

I will basically repeat what has already been said....I can see both sides, I love sunroofs and use mine all the time when I can. I will say though if it came down to it and I was getting a good deal on a V...the sunroof/no sunroof would not push me either way...a V is a V with or without a sunroof. Just my personal opinion though.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

On a semi-luxury car such as this there's no way I'd sacrifice the sunroof. I did grow up driving convertibles so that may play into it a bit but I wouldn't ever worry about the couple of extra lbs or loss of rigidity on what is already a 4000lb barge. Hell, at 6ft2 I still have plenty of headroom with one so that wouldn't factor in either unless you like your seat set at 90 degrees upright.

Now if we're talking Corvette's or something else that is 100% performance based then I'd be willing to consider the tradeoff...
Old 05-20-2011, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Definitely love the sunroof. In AZ I use it more often than not, unless it is too hot out. It's a preference thing.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

When I was looking for a v I drove 50 miles to look at one.. once I got there and saw it had no sunroof, I got back in my car and went back home
Old 05-20-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For me personally it isn't that big of a consideration. It's a nice thing to have, but wouldn't ever determine if I get a car or not. Seat heaters on the other hand . . . muy importante!
Old 05-20-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish my car didn't have one.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

My V doesn't have one, and I don't miss it. My wife's Lincoln LS has one, and it is really nice at times. I love driving around downtown Chicago with the roof open at night. The view is awesome. She loves it and opens it often. I'm the dummy who left it open the night we got almost an inch of rain and had to pull out the carpet and seats so it would dry properly and not stink.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Teching In

coming from someone who deals with appraisals in the used car market, I can tell you it is a great idea to get the one with the sunroof. Considering the $$$ spent, its smart to pay a few extra dollars so that your car doesn't have a "noticeable miss". Unless you have very specific plans to track the vehicle and see a performance trade-off, It makes sense to get a sunroof on a $50k and up vehicle........ At the end of the day, do whatever makes you happy but if you're ambivalent, go for the sunroof.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like that non-sunroof models are a bit lighter (I tend to lean more towards performance over comfort) but man, I can't see having a Caddy without a sunroof. You need to get the girls standing up in it with the tops off, and well, yeah.

All of my other cars have had sunroofs, and I've loved 'em. I find that even if I'm a bit too tall for the "lowered" interior, I can always open it up and stick my head out

-meaty
Old 05-21-2011, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a sunroof. I like them. Though they do have potential downsides as said. But I'd also buy one without it, if the car were otherwise what I was looking for.

Resale is a factor to consider, but not the only one. If you want a non-sunroof car, get it. I suspect you can tell already that it isn't affecting the resale of it currently. I bet it is priced similarly to a sunroof car.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

i really dont get the whole no sunroof track rat argument

yea i want a luxo sedan with no sunroof so i can track it 10 days a year.. yea it does well at the track for its class but common its a pig and always will be unless you gut the interior

best argument for no sunroof is one less thing to break and no clogged drains to *** up the headliner
Old 05-21-2011, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
i really dont get the whole no sunroof track rat argument

yea i want a luxo sedan with no sunroof so i can track it 10 days a year.. yea it does well at the track for its class but common its a pig and always will be unless you gut the interior

best argument for no sunroof is one less thing to break and no clogged drains to *** up the headliner
Mine weighs the same if not less than a new M3.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Launching!

My last two cars had sunroofs. I barely ever opened them.

My V does not have one and I don't miss it.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Wish mine didnt have it but it is nice to have. Ironic isnt it.

Quick Reply: Poll: Sunroof Or NO Sunroof ????