Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

where to buy t56 torque arm mount?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default where to buy t56 torque arm mount?

Ok so lining everything up here to finish my conversion... I believe the only thing i need to find now is a t56 torque arm mount. Clamshell is fine as i dont plan on launching this car at the track, just want a fun street toy. so where to buy? Used one will be fine if you guys have one? I just bought my AUTOMATIC BMR torque arm cross memeber for my car too lol... ahh well

will trade relo crossmembers if someone else is switching as well..
Old 05-20-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
Ok so lining everything up here to finish my conversion... I believe the only thing i need to find now is a t56 torque arm mount. Clamshell is fine as i dont plan on launching this car at the track, just want a fun street toy. so where to buy? Used one will be fine if you guys have one? I just bought my AUTOMATIC BMR torque arm cross memeber for my car too lol... ahh well

will trade relo crossmembers if someone else is switching as well..
That was the hardest piece for me to find anywhere during the whole conversion. I posted up a WTB ad in the classifieds and got almost no response. i ended up getting lucky and grabbing one on ebay.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
That was the hardest piece for me to find anywhere during the whole conversion. I posted up a WTB ad in the classifieds and got almost no response. i ended up getting lucky and grabbing one on ebay.
odd, I had no troubles getting a new clamshell from GM. it was ~3 years ago but if I remember correctly it was like 30 somin bucks, new bushing included.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
odd, I had no troubles getting a new clamshell from GM. it was ~3 years ago but if I remember correctly it was like 30 somin bucks, new bushing included.
i wanna say that i checked gm and it was almost $80 new. i dont remember exactly, but i think i ran the P/N through gm parts direct and it was really expensive (for what it was)
Old 05-22-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got lucky and found one in the classified section of the forum.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
i wanna say that i checked gm and it was almost $80 new. i dont remember exactly, but i think i ran the P/N through gm parts direct and it was really expensive (for what it was)
damn! it must of gone up? cause I didn't pay anywhere near that

Quick Reply: where to buy t56 torque arm mount?