Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Better Resale? BLK/BLK or BLK/TAN CTSV1

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better Resale? BLK/BLK or BLK/TAN CTSV1

Who likes BLK/BLK or BLK/TAN better?
Old 05-21-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like black (paint), but if I were forced to choose, not sure...I think a tan interior may look pretty nice, although I'd have to see it in person and with a black car.

as for resale, I would *think* more people would rather have blk/blk, but black is a common color on these cars, so there would be more competition. If somebody were looking for a blk/tan they may pay more, only because there are less and that is their mission, but who knows.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Thel blk/tan looks sharp, but if the leather and suede are not cleaned and cared for it will show its age very fast. So, in a round about way the tan could hurt resale. A child riding in the back seat pushed me to a blk/blk.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think that quite a few people do not like tan with anything, and I am one of them. Black over black.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have preferred a Black/Black interior, but I've got a Black/Tan.

I was thinking of doing Black with Tan/Black interior. I have to replace my drivers side seat, as the previous owner didnt take care of it, and well, I like black leather. *shrug*

-meaty
Old 05-21-2011, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

I bought a black/tan, but wanted a black/black. The reason being is because, like most car guys, I like to work on them and get dirty. I expect I will ruin my interior at some point. If I would have had 2 identical cars sitting in front of me I would have paid $500 more for the blk/blk... However, blk/tan does look great until it gets ruined.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Teching In

I have the black/tan combo. I think mine is 1 of 430 some built this way. There is just enough black with the dash, door panels and floor mats. I wouldn't have bought a black/black one. Too much black for me. I have that with my 79 TA and that's enough.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not a fan of the tan interior at all. I think it looks horrible.

But that's just me...some people may think that my light grey interior is horrible.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Default nope

Originally Posted by whisler151
I'm not a fan of the tan interior at all. I think it looks horrible.

But that's just me...some people may think that my light grey interior is horrible.
No, your light gray is the best, just don't see it on blk cars...
Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by va79ta
I have the black/tan combo. I think mine is 1 of 430 some built this way. There is just enough black with the dash, door panels and floor mats. I wouldn't have bought a black/black one. Too much black for me. I have that with my 79 TA and that's enough.
Agreed, the black accents(dash, door panels etc) add a good mix to the interior. I hated the tan when i first saw it but I think now it adds a luxury appeal to the car. Its a good offset IMO.

I have seen some black interiors in teh Vs and the damn suede looks green.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Agreed, the black accents(dash, door panels etc) add a good mix to the interior. I hated the tan when i first saw it but I think now it adds a luxury appeal to the car. Its a good offset IMO.

I have seen some black interiors in teh Vs and the damn suede looks green.
It's gotta be better than the suede inserts on my drivers seat... It looks like someone wiped their *** with it for 90k miles, it's all bunched and rolled up... which, when you think about it, someone DID wipe their *** with it for 90k miles...

*sigh*

-meaty
Old 06-11-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

mine is black/tan...however i really wish it was black/black but couldnt find one for a decent price when i was looking
Old 06-11-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Just my personal preference but I refuse to own ANYTHING with a tan interior. I had a SS Camaro for a very short period of time that had "bone" I think....Very light tan.... It was okay and did grow on me but I think that black/black is just a badass combo. I looked and looked for a black/black V and settled for a Silver/Black. I've seen a few silver/tan V1's that make me wanna puke.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Black/black is a little too much for me. I have had both on a 'V, and I'm much happier with tan.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

1BADCTS.....How are your tailights done? I like the darkness of them but more than that they are SLICK. I had mine painted and I'm not sure the process that was used but they aren't dark enough and are a little "hazy". I asked my buddy who painted them at the dealership he works at if he couldn't wet sand them to make them a little more glossy.... Well I got the runaround, but I've read that tint won't hold up that well over time, and I drive the V A LOT....5-6k a month a lot.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^What if you were to tint it from the inside, or does the heat of the bulbs mess it up?

I'd think if you did it on the inside and polished the outside, it would give it a cool look, but just not sure if it'd hold up.

I only had one car with tinted tailights and I used the VHT stuff and it looked pretty good. What I didn't like was how dim the bulbs were (mine was not super dark either) and I did get pulled over for it once, but he let me off with a warning. (I just don't like being a target)

They do look nice though and I *may* put a light coat on mine, for a nice effect with the paint color, but I also like my tailights polished (red), as they contrast the TG nicely. So, tough decision...
Old 06-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Black on Black. I wouldnt even look at any color with a tan interior.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
^^^What if you were to tint it from the inside, or does the heat of the bulbs mess it up?

I'd think if you did it on the inside and polished the outside, it would give it a cool look, but just not sure if it'd hold up.

I only had one car with tinted tailights and I used the VHT stuff and it looked pretty good. What I didn't like was how dim the bulbs were (mine was not super dark either) and I did get pulled over for it once, but he let me off with a warning. (I just don't like being a target)

They do look nice though and I *may* put a light coat on mine, for a nice effect with the paint color, but I also like my tailights polished (red), as they contrast the TG nicely. So, tough decision...
The V tail lights can't be tinted from the inside because the lenses are colored red and orange. Best way to do them is to take the lights out. Shave down any raised lettering or marking on them with a razor blade. Then sand smooth the entire lens, paying special attention to fully removing any mold marks or transition lines between the main lens and the blinker lens. Then spray tint them. Option A for spray tinting is using the VHT spray, then spraying half a dozen coats of clear over that. Option B is to have a body shop spray them with a mix of black and clear, adding coats until the desired tint is achieved. After either option, they need to be wet sanded to get rid of orange peel and over spray. Then compounded and polished to a mirror shine with a DA or rotary machine and various polishing compounds. It's a lot of work to do them right..
Old 06-12-2011, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't stand tan leather, it disgusts me. Tan with black leather is 10 times better. Heey, that rhymes! lol!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
The V tail lights can't be tinted from the inside because the lenses are colored red and orange. Best way to do them is to take the lights out. Shave down any raised lettering or marking on them with a razor blade. Then sand smooth the entire lens, paying special attention to fully removing any mold marks or transition lines between the main lens and the blinker lens. Then spray tint them. Option A for spray tinting is using the VHT spray, then spraying half a dozen coats of clear over that. Option B is to have a body shop spray them with a mix of black and clear, adding coats until the desired tint is achieved. After either option, they need to be wet sanded to get rid of orange peel and over spray. Then compounded and polished to a mirror shine with a DA or rotary machine and various polishing compounds. It's a lot of work to do them right..
oh, that's too bad you can't do inside. I was thinking that them being red/orange, it would tint the colors and having the outside still red (sort of), it would give it a neat effect. But, I've never tried it either, so probably look crappy...

Yeah, the prep and amount of work you put into them will make all the difference! When they're done right, they sure look nice...

But dammit on reading yet another thing that I now have to think about, lol. I was looking at the rear from a distace today and picturing that a light tint probably would look really nice. I am so torn on the rear of these cars with respect to the taillights. Makes the car look so narrow and shame Cadillac gave us the cheapies, compared to the rest of the line (narrow and LED).

Quick Reply: Better Resale? BLK/BLK or BLK/TAN CTSV1