General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

air bag light

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sound deadened my interior last fall and when I put everything back together and started the car the air bag light came on. Anybody know which wires may be causing this to happen? I really don't want to take it all back apart; if there's one specific area that has an air bag connector or wiring i can focus on that. Thanks...

nobody has a clue??
Old 05-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also having the same problem. I bought the car with the light on. My steering wheel controls/horn doesn't work but I do have an aftermarket radio. The steering rack was changed before so I'm wondering if that could be the issue as well.

Anyone ?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember this happent to me, when it rains hard and I hit a hole. Low traction light on and air bag light on. But they never on again.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by killagt
I remember this happent to me, when it rains hard and I hit a hole. Low traction light on and air bag light on. But they never on again.
Well that sounds like something intermittent only when the weather is right. Looks like the problem with my car and 97ss497's car is consistent all the time no matter what the weather is.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The air bag sensor is under the console... did you forget to plug it back in? Or maybe the ground wire that is near by didnt get reinstalled? Id check that first. Just gotta pull the console out. Dont have to remove the carpet.

Apparently there is a control module in the pass side kick panel too. Wonder if either of them got tampered with...

Last edited by xxrillixx; 05-29-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
The air bag sensor is under the console... did you forget to plug it back in? Or maybe the ground wire that is near by didnt get reinstalled? Id check that first. Just gotta pull the console out. Dont have to remove the carpet.

Apparently there is a control module in the pass side kick panel too. Wonder if either of them got tampered with...
Thanks man; sounds like a good place to look first.... will report back when I get time to look at it.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Launching!

I bought my car and the airbag light was on. I have read that the airbag circuit and the steering wheel controls for the radio run on the same circuit. If I have an aftermarket headunit installed from when I bought it could there be a possibility of the wiring harness by passing the steering wheel controls which makes it bypass the airbag as well?