Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this Pulley pulley work? (PIC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Will this Pulley pulley work? (PIC)

Went to Autozone and this is what they gave me to pull my crank pulley. Looks a little dinky and I'm afraid I'll snap the damn thing.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll work like a charm
Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would advise against using a three jaw puller to remove your crank pulley! That is a good way to bend your pulley!

Get the one that looks like that "crow foot" in the image above! It is a much better way to go!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
I would advise against using a three jaw puller to remove your crank pulley! That is a good way to bend your pulley!

Get the one that looks like that "crow foot" in the image above! It is a much better way to go!
He didn't say what kind of pulley he had. If its stock, then what he pictured is the "famed" Chrysler puller which everyone says works so good. I personally didn't like it. The stock pulley is made for a small 3 jaw type. Some aftermarket pulleys are designed to be pulled with bolts, but obviously that puller wouldn't come close to working. So I am not really sure where you are going with your response. The pulley on the left wont work with a stock pulley, the one on the right is the exact same kind he pictured :shrug:
Old 05-23-2011, 01:53 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good call, I didn't remember about the stock pulleys not having the bolt holes for that crow foot tool. Any of the aftermarket ones I've seen can use the crow foot and I definitely prefer it to the three jaw puller!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, yes that one will work fine, just make sure to get it seated fully behind the 3 little ears or they might break off. I used the Chrysler puller from Oriley auto parts, Its exactly the same as the one you have pictured.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks. I got ahold of a big 5 ton three jaw puller as pictured on LS1howto.com that was collecting dust in my dads garage. I'm sure that one would have been fine but I'm going with the big dog. I'm gonna yank this bitch off tomorrow.

Yes I'm pulling the stock pulley off and the crows foot won't work as stated due to no holes.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

That big *** puller woudn't fit. One in pic worked great, came off easier than I thought.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
Went to Autozone and this is what they gave me to pull my crank pulley. Looks a little dinky and I'm afraid I'll snap the damn thing.

That one works great with the stock crank pulley.