Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid LS1Edit Question on Trans

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Stupid LS1Edit Question on Trans

Ok, I e-mailed someone this question and then thought it might work out better to post it and see what everyone thinks so here it is.

The question is about locking the TCC up at the top of each gear and if you should lock it during the shifts.

If you only change the lock up stuff on the WOT page, how does the stuff on the buttons become effected if any? Do I need to go in there and change that stuff too? I see that in the buttons it has 255 at 100% TP on most everything. So what happens if I only change the stuff on the WOT page? Also, is there any good to having the converter lock during the shift? Do you know how strong the converter lock up is? Do you think it can hold as much as the tranny clutch packs can? Would be nice to lock the converter a few MPH before it shifts to the next gear, kind of making a 4 speed auto act like a 7 speed. Also if you lock it right before the shift to get that extra MPH with the top end RPMs, when it unlocks to make the shift, do you think it will cause the revlimiter to be hit? Million questions, but I would like to know a little bit about this feature before I blow something up from doing something stupid.

ANyone who has played with this please jump in with your does and don'ts. I do not kow if it would even be worth doing in a quarter mile run. It does look to be something that could help us guys with 3.73 gears and bigger get back up to the top end long distance mph the stock gears gave us. Just food for thought.