Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 coil packs to fbody coil questions and injector questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 coil packs to fbody coil questions and injector questions

I have a 04 5.3. I just installed a stock LS1 intake (for now) and switched to a ported stock LS1 throttle body. I am debating on what to do about the rails/injectors and also the coil packs. Can I use my truck injectors with a fbody rail? What if I decide to just buy the Pro Performance rail...can I still use the truck injectors? Also..do I need to switch to the fbody coil packs? Or can I still use the truck coil packs? I would eventually like to buy Valve covers to clean up the whole install from a vette or Gto. Would this work if I still used the truck coils?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems from what I've read that the truck injectors won't work with the LS1 car intake. I'm doing basically the same thing, using a LS1 intake/rails on a 5.3 Vortec. I ordered a set of injectors off of someone here in the classifieds. If what I read was right, the difference is at the bottom of the injector, where it fits down into the intake. As far as I'm aware, you can still use the truck coil packs with the LS1 intake, that shouldn't have any effect on that part of it. At least I hope so, as that was my plan too. Not sure if you can use the truck coils with the other valve covers or not though, as I'm still new to this stuff myself. Hope this helps a little at least.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can use the 5.3 coils as long as you have the 5.3 coil harness and brackets. You can find stock LS1 injectors on ebay dirt cheap, and maybe even the fuel rail.

Quick Reply: 5.3 coil packs to fbody coil questions and injector questions