Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help with LS7 clutch issues.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with LS7 clutch issues.

Let me try to explain what this is doing.

Problem 1.
When I am agressive with the clutch pedal (1st & 2nd gear beatings) it sometimes sticks. But if I put my foot under it the clutch will snap back or return very quickly. Some have said there might be a bad clutch return spring. I wanted to get an official answer or more opinions

Problem 2.
When I lay into the car in 3rd or 4th gear and do a full throttle open road blast, the pedal with shrink to the floor. almost like it wants to let out an inch from the floor instead of at the top or middle like under normal driving conditions. It will stay this way for a couple miles and eventually return to normal. When this happens its still usable and not slipping at all. Just tightens itself up to the floor. Some have said the clutch needs bleeding. I really don't know. Looking for some actual experience or knowledge.

BTW, it is an LS7 clutch and supposebly pretty new.

any thoughts?
Old 05-27-2011, 02:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The most likely issue is air in the system. First you should check the fluid in the reservoir. Is it dark or discolored? If so then you should flush and refill the system with new fluid. If not, then just try a simply bleed with a vacuum assisted bleeder. Let me know what you see in the reservoir and we can proceed with more tech support. Thanks,