Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

cheapest fab 9in

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheapest fab 9in

who sells the cheapest fab 9in housing only???
Old 05-28-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What good is a fab housing without the torque arm for the fab housing? What I'm saying is, what do you plan to do for a torque arm? The torque arms on fab housings are made for the housing, you just can't bolt any torque arm to it. $1250 shipped for a badass housing and torque arm package. You won't find a cheaper fabed housing, https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...y-housing.html I just installed mine last weekend, I got a complete rear end/long torque arm/watts link/and drive shaft package.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

^^^ what he said end thread I own a fully MWC rear suspension and are great pieces at a great price.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Teching In

i also have the same mwc rear. even if it isnt the cheapest its definetly built the best ive seen.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Teching In

thanks guys ima go with the mwc fab for sure does anyone know the weight difference on the fab vs regular 9in?
Old 05-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Teching In

oh and also will my factory driveshift work?
Old 05-29-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

The stock drive shaft will work, but it will be 1/2" short so you may get vibrations. On top of that, if you are making enough power for a 9" you better upgrade to a driveshaft that will handle the power, my factory drive shaft broke way before my rear end did.
I was doing about 90mph on a highway pull and BOOOM! it twisted in half, right in the center of the drive shaft, I didn't have a safety loop but it wouldn't have made much of a difference on account of the drive shaft twisting in half right in the middle. That broken drive shaft cost alot of money. It destroyed my adjustable torque arm, y-pipe, and cracked my transmission tail housing, and put some nice holes in my floor board. So well over $1100 to repair by the time i bought a upgraded drive shaft and replaced all the broken parts my stock drive shaft took out. Oh and the $300 tow bill.
It could have been alot worse for me, it could have came through the floor board and took me out, or caught the pavement just right and flipped the car.
What im getting at is if your upgrading to a 9" than its a no brainer to upgrade the drive shaft. **** im on my 3rd drive shaft now, My stocker, then a stock length chromoly sphon, and now a PST 3" thats the correct length for my MWC 9".

Being cheap now may cost you alot later, maybe even hurt yourself or someone else, broken drive shafts are nothing to play around with, like i said my stock drive shaft broke before my stock rear end did.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pkriner
thanks guys ima go with the mwc fab for sure does anyone know the weight difference on the fab vs regular 9in?
I'm not sure on the housing it's self, but a fully assembled MWC 9" with aluminium center section weighs the same or lighter than a stock 10 bolt I do believe.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:11 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These guys have pretty much nailed it on the head. if you have any more questions let me know.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
I just installed mine last weekend, I got a complete rear end/long torque arm/watts link/and drive shaft package.
I have the same rear end on order right now, how do you like the watts link
Old 05-31-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by brad3579
I have the same rear end on order right now, how do you like the watts link
The watts link seems great so far! It bolted in real nice, and adjustment is a breeze. In all honesty I hadn't drove the car since August, so I can't remember what the ride felt like 9 months ago. I mostly got the WATTS to run true duals over the axle, which is ironic, cuz the car is down again on account of exhaust clearance issues, I'm trying to decide if i should go with the Kooks true duals or order the mandrel bends and do my own.
It seems like i'd be the first with a MWC 9" and kooks true dual combo, so I can't find any info if there will be clearance issues, I might just bite the bullet and be the genie pig.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my bare Moser Fab9 from Bob @ Brute Speed for $800 shipped. Got it about 4 days after ordering. Painted it myself to save on powdercoating cost. I like to have things when I buy them, so I couldn't wait months to have a rear. The housing by itself weighs 74lbs.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
I bought my bare Moser Fab9 from Bob @ Brute Speed for $800 shipped. Got it about 4 days after ordering. Painted it myself to save on powdercoating cost. I like to have things when I buy them, so I couldn't wait months to have a rear. The housing by itself weighs 74lbs.

Thanks, I appreciate the order! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a PM asking what our housing weighs so I figured I would post it up.

Our fabricated f-body rearend housing in stock width with a back brace installed, powder coated, and all the bolts that we supply is 62.2 pounds. Even includes sway bar mounts, drain plug, e-brake cable brackets, caliper brake hose mounts, and chassis brake hose mount.

Last edited by MidwestChassis; 06-01-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: cheapest fab 9in