View Full Version : Terminator vs LS1 **VID**

WSsick
05-29-2011, 02:16 PM
I was asked to film a race by another member on here (FST SS) of him and his buddy's Cobra. The rain finally relented so we went out this morning and got it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwIsyJ08P2g

Dave & Paul, I had a great time and it was good to meet you both! :cheers:

FST SS
05-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks and great vids, it was a blast. :nod:

LS1rob00
05-29-2011, 04:12 PM
I love your threads becuase the vids are always amazing. Two different viewpoints and HD! That Camaro sounded very nice.

I'd have liked to see a few more runs though without a passenger in either car, and maybe some digs too. What happened when the Camaro pulled hard in 4th in the last race? Was the Cobra still on it? And also the starting of the races didn't seem too even, as in leaving at the same time and being lined up properly.

Good vid though!

WSsick
05-29-2011, 05:04 PM
I love your threads becuase the vids are always amazing. Two different viewpoints and HD! That Camaro sounded very nice.

I'd have liked to see a few more runs though without a passenger in either car, and maybe some digs too. What happened when the Camaro pulled hard in 4th in the last race? Was the Cobra still on it? And also the starting of the races didn't seem too even, as in leaving at the same time and being lined up properly.

Good vid though!

Thanks. :)

Keep in mind that it's Memorial weekend, and that the police officers that got stuck working this weekend are very pissed and take that out on everyone by giving out tons of tickets. Besides, blower + street tires vs. sticky Mickey's...I think we know who wins that. That was the reasoning for the no dig.

Cobra was leaving on what would be the 4th honk, not the 3rd. Camaro gave him the hit on the last race to make up for that (even though he was really going at the correct time).

No idea what happened in the last race, Camaro just pulled real hard once it hit 4th. Maybe heatsoak was setting in on the Cobra or the Camaro was just stronger. Cobra was in it until the Camaro let off in that last race.

Stopsign32v
05-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Great races. A stock 03/04 Cobra is nothing impressive. Now install the least little thing and they wake up!

Heater
05-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Great videos!

Getting harder to find stock Cobra's.

FST SS
05-29-2011, 06:18 PM
It was fun, the Cobra thought it was honk.honk.honk.go. The last race I let him get the hit, he pulled every time I shifted, then 4th and I pulled. :nod: I think from a dig it is my race, even if tires are =. :D

itsslow98
05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Great races. A stock 03/04 Cobra is nothing impressive. Now install the least little thing and they wake up!

yea no kidding 600 in mods and that thing will be walking away from the camaro.

Stopsign32v
05-29-2011, 11:15 PM
yea no kidding 600 in mods and that thing will be walking away from the camaro.

I'd bet a CAI only and the Cobra would walk away.

corysmach1
05-30-2011, 02:07 AM

Yes mod for mod cobras are amazing...freakin awsome video guys it was very clear and daytime!!! The camaro sounded awesome

SHovV
05-30-2011, 02:13 AM
nice video

impulsegoat
05-30-2011, 02:21 AM

I would hope so bud. It is forced induction. The camaro would rip the cobras front bumper off on 7psi. Not trying to get into a big flamer mustang war but just saying.

On another note this is one of the better races iv seen on here in awhile. Very clear and daytime always is a plus. Great runs!

unit213
05-30-2011, 07:52 AM
I would hope so bud. It is forced induction. The camaro would rip the cobras front bumper off on 7psi. make sure it's a 281cid LS1 though. ;) Good runs and good footage!

Ju1ce
05-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Welcome to Summer 2002.

FST SS
05-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Welcome to Summer 2002.

the Cobra is an '04. As I was driving to meet up with the Cobra I ran into a new Mustang GT. We did a 3-4 gear pull and the results were the same, I pulled about a car by the top of 4th. The GT sounded good, better than the Cobra.

71novaguy
05-30-2011, 08:54 AM
make sure it's a 281cid LS1 though.

or make the ls1 393ci and keep it na right?

LightningTeg
05-30-2011, 09:13 AM
lol. Good videos. The convertible brobras are pigs.

WSsick
05-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Yes mod for mod cobras are amazing...freakin awsome video guys it was very clear and daytime!!! The camaro sounded awesome
nice video
I would hope so bud. It is forced induction. The camaro would rip the cobras front bumper off on 7psi. Not trying to get into a big flamer mustang war but just saying.

On another note this is one of the better races iv seen on here in awhile. Very clear and daytime always is a plus. Great runs!
make sure it's a 281cid LS1 though. ;) Good runs and good footage!

Thanks guys! Daytime videos are always my favorite to make. It's nice being able to tell exactly what's going on. There is a good chance I will have some more coming today. :)

the Cobra is an '04. As I was driving to meet up with the Cobra I ran into a new Mustang GT. We did a 3-4 gear pull and the results were the same, I pulled about a car by the top of 4th. The GT sounded good, better than the Cobra.

I was hoping you'd mention that story about beating the 5.0. :D

Stopsign32v
05-30-2011, 10:38 AM

I see 03/04 Cobra is alittle touchy subject to some. :lol:

airforcemanss
05-30-2011, 11:08 AM
what kind of camera is that mounted on the rear? do they have night vision?

oddwraith
05-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Great vid/kills!

Great races. A stock 03/04 Cobra is nothing impressive. Now install the least little thing and they wake up! I'd bet a CAI only and the Cobra would walk away.
I see 03/04 Cobra is alittle touchy subject to some. :lol: Yeah some get so touchy :D

WSsick
05-30-2011, 11:39 AM
what kind of camera is that mounted on the rear? do they have night vision?

It is a GoPro Motorsports HD Hero. http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-motorsports-hero-camera/?gclid=CPLLwbuBkKkCFRG4Kgodu1DXoQ

I got it from a sponsor here for $249 shipped. Norcalauto

No night vision, but it doesn't do too bad at night.

oddwraith
05-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah awesome looking vids for sure :nod:

Bramlok
05-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Great crystal clear vids! Fun to watch!

MillerTime85
05-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Nice vid

FST SS
05-30-2011, 04:02 PM

Nice vid

they are great vids. :nod: thanks again WSsick. :chug:

2v-in-12's
05-30-2011, 06:18 PM
lol. Good videos. The convertible brobras are pigs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAOtldqCvPE
My porker had 448/472 in this vid, and spun through the 60ft, and still went 1.81. They only weigh 150 more than the coupe. It went 12.62 @115 stock. It would have been molested from a dig. That camaro has a good setup for drag racing. Those are some really good vids there. Its nice to see a couple points of view. The cars looked pretty evenly matched in those races.

WSsick
05-30-2011, 10:31 PM

Nice vid

they are great vids. :nod: thanks again WSsick. :chug:

My porker had 448/472 in this vid, and spun through the 60ft, and still went 1.81. They only weigh 150 more than the coupe. It went 12.62 @115 stock. It would have been molested from a dig. That camaro has a good setup for drag racing. Those are some really good vids there. Its nice to see a couple points of view. The cars looked pretty evenly matched in those races.

Thanks guys. Time to get to work on the video from today's action.

1999transamls1
05-31-2011, 12:20 AM
haha that camaro sounds sick :D next time you guys go mess around, give me a call or stop by. cars stock but it would be nice to go mess around for a bit :)

Zmg00camaross
05-31-2011, 12:50 AM
Just fyi my cars clutch and new Tick master is installed and drove tonight just breaking it in :devil: But had a cobra back in the day for a while and with a pully intake and tune it put 470 hp down and never really hooked at the track,best the car ever did was 12.0 at 117 dont want to know what it did with spray :bang: but from a roll it could put them down either way good vid and another good run.

WSsick
05-31-2011, 01:31 AM
haha that camaro sounds sick :D next time you guys go mess around, give me a call or stop by. cars stock but it would be nice to go mess around for a bit :)

Will do man. :)

Just fyi my cars clutch and new Tick master is installed and drove tonight just breaking it in :devil: But had a cobra back in the day for a while and with a pully intake and tune it put 470 hp down and never really hooked at the track,best the car ever did was 12.0 at 117 dont want to know what it did with spray :bang: but from a roll it could put them down either way good vid and another good run.

Bout damn time! My buddy is getting his car back from the exhaust shop tomorrow, so we will have to setup a drive out there or you can come here soon! I know your friend with the IROC wanted to run me, but this car has similar mods but an auto. Might make for an interesting run. :devil: I'm sure I can find you a run or two as well. :D

silverz28camaro
05-31-2011, 01:41 AM
Cobras are my Favorite cars to run against, They always think they are faster from a roll..but thats only true half of the time

02sleeperz28
05-31-2011, 01:49 AM
Nice video.

Zmg00camaross
05-31-2011, 02:06 AM
The Iroc will be down just as I, Also can head out this away if you want to run some faster cars of my buddys. Has Chevelle that he probly run also but its MPG isnt so good to drive that far lol. Also want to run Brads Ram since thats the only vehicle of his I can take down :)

silverz28camaro
05-31-2011, 02:16 AM
The Iroc will be down just as I, Also can head out this away if you want to run some faster cars of my buddys. Has Chevelle that he probly run also but its MPG isnt so good to drive that far lol. Also want to run Brads Ram since thats the only vehicle of his I can take down :)

......:bs:

Zmg00camaross
05-31-2011, 02:18 AM
......:bs:

I got this one :judge: If I dont I be so butt hurt that I didnt couldnt build a car to run with the truck as it sits now I would give up on building cars. HAHA dont get sneaky on me.

silverz28camaro
05-31-2011, 02:25 AM
I got this one :judge: If I dont I be so butt hurt that I didnt couldnt build a car to run with the truck as it sits now I would give up on building cars. HAHA dont get sneaky on me.

Sneaky....The LS1 in the Ram is "stock" always will be...:usa:

Zmg00camaross
05-31-2011, 02:30 AM
Sneaky....The LS1 in the Ram is "stock" always will be...:usa:

HAHA, Thats what everybody says

Heater
05-31-2011, 02:51 AM
Cobras are my Favorite cars to run against, They always think they are faster from a roll..but thats only true half of the time

Yeah, they are over hyped.

WSsick
05-31-2011, 03:20 AM
Also want to run Brads Ram since thats the only vehicle of his I can take down :)

Call out the Camaro now. I have a feeling you'd do quite well after today.

silverz28camaro
05-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Someone is mad...

http://ramchargercentral.com/open-discussions/hey-guys-tell-me-something/

FST SS
05-31-2011, 07:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAOtldqCvPE

thanks, it does have a nice suspension set-up and takes off really good. :D

BigBirdLS1
05-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Good runs OP!!! Awesome vids also. Those runs look exactly like the runs me and my brother had way back when. I was bolton tune 3.90's he was bone stock. And I would pull in 4th gear everytime. He kept telling me "you sprayed" which I didn't. He just couldn't believe I did that well against him. This vid proves just that and stock terminators aren't all that and a bag of cookies. When you port pulley tune etc that's a whole different can of worms though.

FST SS
05-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Good runs OP!!! Awesome vids also. Those runs look exactly like the runs me and my brother had way back when. I was bolton tune 3.90's he was bone stock. And I would pull in 4th gear everytime. He kept telling me "you sprayed" which I didn't. He just couldn't believe I did that well against him. This vid proves just that and stock terminators aren't all that and a bag of cookies. When you port pulley tune etc that's a whole different can of worms though.

thanks man, yea I couldn't believe I pulled him in 4th., not by much though. :nod:

back in the day I had a '71 Boss 351 Mustang and he had a '69 Z/28 and the racesd were the same, neck and neck, pretty much a driver's race. It's good to know the old man has still got it. :D

thunderstruck507
05-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Someone is mad...

What a bunch of morons, bitching to be bitching I guess.

Nevermind a used ls1 is cheaper than the 360 crate motors they're bringing up but I bet you won't find a crate 360 getting the fuel economy of a ls1 either.

Zmg00camaross
05-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Someone is mad...

:rotflmao: The best comment, No, you just don't understand. There are Dodge guys, Chevy guys, and Ford guys. What this guy has done is an abomination to a hardcore Dodge guy. I personally would like to slap a calvin peeing on chevy sticker on that truck cause he just pissed on himself.

silverz28camaro
05-31-2011, 02:31 PM
:rotflmao: The best comment, No, you just don't understand. There are Dodge guys, Chevy guys, and Ford guys. What this guy has done is an abomination to a hardcore Dodge guy. I personally would like to slap a calvin peeing on chevy sticker on that truck cause he just pissed on himself.

E-thugs are hardcore....

WSsick
05-31-2011, 09:22 PM

Ima do it. :lol:

Zmg00camaross
06-01-2011, 12:10 AM
:D Next time we see the dodge race its going to be cover in stickers and spray painted blasphemy from the mopar guys that are butthurt.

Heater
06-01-2011, 02:09 AM
I went over there and looked at that thread. Pretty much what you would expect from a group of fanatics that are passionate about their brand.

I wouldn't call them "moron's" just because they disagree with you. If someone came onto here and posted that they put a SBF/SBM into a Camero; I'm pretty sure you guys would react the same.

silverz28camaro
06-01-2011, 02:27 AM
I went over there and looked at that thread. Pretty much what you would expect from a group of fanatics that are passionate about their brand.

I wouldn't call them "moron's" just because they disagree with you. If someone came onto here and posted that they put a SBF/SBM into a Camero; I'm pretty sure you guys would react the same.

What is a Camero?

LOL, someone already did that and i thought it was cool, it was a built 351 or something and he was planning on putting it in a f-body, I don't know if he ever got that done though...

Heater
06-01-2011, 03:28 AM
LuLz, "CamEro" is my way of spelling "Camaro".

I've seen it spelled that way so many times on Craigslist and Ebay; I kind of adopted the spelling.

GXPPOWER
06-02-2011, 12:25 PM

i think the new stangs sound like crap personally

FST SS
06-02-2011, 12:43 PM
i think the new stangs sound like crap personally

it didn't sound as good as my car but it was better than the cobra. :nod:

oddwraith
06-03-2011, 03:52 AM
LuLz, "CamEro" is my way of spelling "Camaro".

I've seen it spelled that way so many times on Craigslist and Ebay; I kind of adopted the spelling.

Also known as the "wrong" way. :nod:

Heater
06-03-2011, 08:30 AM
I like to spell it the "wrong" way :P

oddwraith
06-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Lol, yeah I figured you'd say that :)

Bmr4life
06-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Who the hell is driving/racing a completely stock 03/04 cobra?!!?

JrodCamaro
06-05-2011, 10:14 PM
"BUT PLEASE stop putting Chebbies in everything"
Maybe if Chevy didn't build some of the best motors around

"Either way he just killed the already low resale value of his truck. I would only give him parts value since it's worthless to me for a driver. I wouldn't be caught dead in it."
Nope, pretty sure he just increased it. Chevy motors trump Dodge motors every time. Hence the nickname "Hundred Thousand mile motors"

Had to return some rash comments, :D
They had to misspell/nickname everything that didn't specifically pertain to their brand. Haha, ignorance is bliss I guess? :eyes:

FST SS
06-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Who the hell is driving/racing a completely stock 03/04 cobra?!!?

what's wrong with driving/racing a stock Cobra?