Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Right Turn Signal won't blink

Old 05-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Turn Signal won't blink

Note: I just had the front turn signal lights replaced (both of them). It worked for a little while, then it stopped working.

When i turn on the right signal, the rear one turns on, but the front won't turn on. And neither will blink.

can someone let me know how to fix this?

Old 05-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

i made a post yesterday. Im thinking gm made the turn signal assemblys junk. My does the same thing. I have to keep a thing of bulbs, and when one goes i put another in and go. Could be a wiring issue, but impossible to find
Old 05-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by graderbird2004
i made a post yesterday. Im thinking gm made the turn signal assemblys junk. My does the same thing. I have to keep a thing of bulbs, and when one goes i put another in and go. Could be a wiring issue, but impossible to find
GM and Delphi's sockets are just fine. The problem is that GM choose the low temp version instead of the high temp. If you try to buy a high temp socket, you'll know why...

To the OP - if you switch your left and right bulbs, you can confirm if it's the bulb or socket.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Both of my turn signal housings and bolb connectors were trashed. The housings were cracked, and the connectors were blackened and smelled like burnt trash. I took the housings out and sealed the cracks with clear silicone, then sprayed them with high-temp clear coat. I replaced the connectors with new ones I bought from Autozone ($8 a piece), cleaned the wire leads and assembled the connectors. After that, I installed the bulbs, and completely sealed the bases of the bulbs in the connectors with the clear silicone. No problems with them yet, and I did this April 2010.

Search this Thread