Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

USPS shipping with Parcel Post anyone ever use it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USPS shipping with Parcel Post anyone ever use it?

tryna get some tips on shipping a large box weighing approx. 40lbs i noticed on usps.com regular shipping/priority is about $73 and takes about 3-4days and parcel post shipping is about $33 and takes about 6-7 days. i'd rather use parcel but want to make sure i can. it says used for gifts and general merchandise. anyone ever use parcel post to ship anything?
Old 05-29-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Yep no issues, if your not in a hurry use parcel.
Check fedex ground (home delivery) too, I find them cheaper but I have an individual account.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Teching In

USPS parcel post is a ground surface offered by the USPS, and is estimated to take from 2 - 9 days, or up to 14 postal business days. Priority mail takes priority over parcel post and first class mail, is usually sent by air, and can arrive in 2-3 days, with a maximum of 5 days. parcel post accepts larger boxes/packages, while priority mail does not. Parcel post is a different service from bulk mailing, which is used by businesses who mail out large amounts of mail at regular intervals.

I ship this way on a regular basis and have never had any issues. As long as the potential 2 week timeframe is not a problem, ship away.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Yep no issues, if your not in a hurry use parcel.
Check fedex ground (home delivery) too, I find them cheaper but I have an individual account.
yup fedex ground/home delivery the only way to go
Old 05-29-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice thanks for the info people i really appreciate it. that clears up everything for me and i will look into fedex ground/home
Old 05-29-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 6spdchevy
nice thanks for the info people i really appreciate it. that clears up everything for me and i will look into fedex ground/home
All you need to use fedex ground/home delivery, go to their site, sign up for an account, then you can log in make packing slips and print out the paper label for your box but the only way any of this works is if:

You have an accurate scale, proper packing supplies, a printer of some kind and a valid credit card on file. It helps if you have to have a Federal Express terminal somewhere close to you or a Kinkos copy center, However any authorized fed ex place that uses fedex will take the package as a drop off location and fedex will pick it up. Like I say I find them cheaper than UPS on bigger boxes than the post office too. Small packages USPS is about the best either parcel or flat rate priority mail. YMMV
Old 05-29-2011, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

or just go to a fedex office/ kinkos

Quick Reply: USPS shipping with Parcel Post anyone ever use it?