Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fuel system questions

I apologize if this has been answered, I've searched all over and can't get a definitive answer. I'm a complete fuel system rookie so bear with me. I am dropping a ls1 into my 67 chevelle and am compiling parts. I ordered a corvette fuel filter/regulator, granatelli walpro pump kit, and am planning on tracking down a salvage yard impala/caprice tank. Can I use the old 3/8 line I had going to my carb'd motor? Do I just need 2 pieces of ss line to go from the tank to the fuel filter? What fittings do I need and where can I get them? Are there any other parts I need? Thanks in advance

Last edited by occhevelle; 05-30-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by occhevelle
I apologize if this has been answered, I've searched all over and can't get a definitive answer. I'm a complete fuel system rookie so bear with me. I am dropping a ls1 into my 67 chevelle and am compiling parts. I ordered a corvette fuel filter/regulator, granatelli walpro pump kit, and am planning on tracking down a salvage yard impala/caprice tank. Can I use the old 3/8 line I had going to my carb'd motor? Do I just need 2 pieces of ss line to go from the tank to the fuel filter? What fittings do I need and where can I get them? Are there any other parts I need? Thanks in advance
Depends on the HP and what you want to do. I'm using a 3/8 line (teflon) for a 500ish hp motor.
You can cheap out, get barbed fittings, and run rubber EFI rated hose and clamp it on, but it will be unsightly and may smell like fuel. I chose to go with aeroquip braided teflon hose, with aeroquip to -6 AN hose ends. That is what I would do if I were you.

I am not using the walbro pump, so I can't help you there, but from the filter you can use Russell #6AN to 3/8 tube P/N 640940 to convert the filter/regulator output to -6AN, use -6an braided teflon hose with aeroquip -6an female fittings on each side to the aluminum line (easy to install). If you look on summit you can find 3/8" to -6AN TUBE adapters. Build a similar hose for the underhood side, except use a russel 3/8 "quick disconnect" to -6AN fitting for the intake.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 AM
Staging Lane

I think I'm going cross eyed after reading all the fuel system threads. Can someone dumb it down and help me fill in the blanks/captial letters? Sorry for asking dumb questions, but I am terrible with this stuff and can't find straightforward answers.

Impala gas tank outgoing == WHAT CONNECTOR??? == braided outgoing line == corvette ff == WHAT CONNECTOR??? == braided line == WHAT CONNECTOR == STOCK 3/8 LINE??? == WHAT CONNECTOR??? == braided line == WHAT CONNECTOR??? == fuel rail

Impala gas tank return == WHAT CONNECTOR??? == braided return line == WHAT CONNECTOR??? == corvette ff
Old 05-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a good thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...em-design.html
Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks - that diagram is just what I needed!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool. I'm gonna be working on a caprice tank soon too. anything you can post would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Fuel system questions