Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 02:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension recommendations

Hey everyone
so i need some suggestion on what type of suspension setup would be good for increasing my turn and burn capabilities. ill be making alot of money hopefully this summer that i can put into a new clutch and squaring my suspension away.

I have recently put the SLp Spring and Bilistein shock package on my car( getting some loud noise on front passenger side, believe something is loose)
I also have Energy Suspension Sway Bar end links.

Heard Strano has some good stuff? I would also like opinions on goo brake pads and maybe rotors.

Jeep in mind I want to track my car later this summer and i do go through alot of canyon roads for fun when gas money allows.

appreciate any input from the all mighty LS1 crowd
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 AM
TECH Addict

Hawk pads are the best and get some beefy sway bars and some new LCA's and a panhard bar
Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

LCA's??? And do you have a specific brand for sway bars and what not?
Old 05-31-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lower Control Arm relocation brackets. Since you'll be lowered this will help you regain launching traction that you've lost since your suspension now sits differently.

If you're looking to track the car, I hear that Strano springs are the best for tracking. He's a sponsor on here and is always on the Suspension section.

I have H&R springs on my car, they drop about 1.3" front and rear, and I absolutely love them! I guess a lot of people don't like Eibach Sportlines, so stay away from those.

Subframe connectors will help stiffen your chassis, and if you really want to improve your suspension, and since you'll have $, look into the Watts Link for the rear suspension. Do a search and you'll find it, I think one of our sponsors makes it-I can't afford it, but if I could I'd definitely purchase this-it's the closest we can get to having Independant Rear Suspension on our cars
Old 05-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the tips. Yea someone put the eiback sportline lowering springs on my car when i got it and it road like crap. When i did all the shocks the stock french ones were shot to hell.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strano can definitely point you in the right direction. Id give him a call for his expertise.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

yea my dad use to talk to him all the time, but ive seen a bulletin saying he is away for a race right now.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Strano (hollow) sway-bars, upgraded rotors & pads, SFC's (2 point weld-in).

LCA's, an adjustable PHB, just to eliminate the flex and play you get with the factory parts.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
Strano can definitely point you in the right direction. Id give him a call for his expertise.
You definitely can't go wrong this way, he'll give you his honest opinion.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

FYI -

As far as the swaybars, no doubt the Strano hollow bars are good.

However, if you are on a budget and don't care about adding an extra 20 lbs or so to you car, the UMI 35/22 are the same sizes as the Strano's, but solid, and therefore cheaper (and heavier).

In fact Byunspeed has them on sale now, and has free shipping. Check out the thread a few posts below this. When you factor in the free shipping, these are easily $100 bucks less than Stranos.

Yes, 100 bucks to save 20lbs is a deal, if you're into weight savings. If it's not an issue, that 100 bucks just got you a set of LCA's (do a search on LCA's, you don't want the ones with poly bushings at both ends btw).

I ordered a set of the UMI bars yesterday, I can't wait to get them.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Strano (hollow) sway-bars, upgraded rotors & pads, SFC's (2 point weld-in).

LCA's, an adjustable PHB, just to eliminate the flex and play you get with the factory parts.
SFC's??? Sorry im new to alot of these abbreviations man...
Old 05-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

My dad told its best to stick with the same comapny when your buying suspension components, but reading about the Strano sway bars seem like a really good deal.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Either go full umi with different shocks and springs or full strano
Old 05-31-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackDemonSS
My dad told its best to stick with the same comapny when your buying suspension components, but reading about the Strano sway bars seem like a really good deal.
True with most things, but if you decide to go with Strano, you'll be mixing parts anyway. The only parts actually branded "Strano" are the springs and swaybars, anything else such as LCA's, Panhard bar, Torque Arms, you'll have to get from someone like UMI, BMR, or Spohn.

Actually, that banner ad for "Founders Performance" at the bottom of the page right nowl ooks interesting. Seemsl iek they have great prices, I may give some of thier stuff a shot in the future.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

here are a few links to stuff i was looking at getting, let me know what you guys think or if you know of any cheaper places.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=22&ModelID=7

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=126&ModelID=7
Old 06-02-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Too bad you missed the Byunspeed sale...all the UMI stuff was on sale, and they have free shipping.

The bars are good, and Strano is the only place you can get Strano bars, so you don't have to worry about finding it cheaper.

I just ordered a set of (solid) 35/22 bars for my car...I can't wait to get them and install them! I'll post my impressions here for you, if you haven't already bought them.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my experience, most people drop ship from UMI or BMR anyways on most suspension pieces, so unless you have a vendor you want to support (not a bad thing since the cost is the same from vendors or straight from the dealer in most cases) sometimes it is best to go straight to UMI or BMR's website and order.

Unless of course someone is running a sale (like byunspeed usually does on memorial day) or they offer free shipping. Free shipping tends to get my vote a lot. In a lot of cases though it may do well to ask if they actually have the item in stock or not. Can't count the number of times I've ordered something then waited 2 - 3 weeks for it to arrive.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike
Too bad you missed the Byunspeed sale...all the UMI stuff was on sale, and they have free shipping.

The bars are good, and Strano is the only place you can get Strano bars, so you don't have to worry about finding it cheaper.

I just ordered a set of (solid) 35/22 bars for my car...I can't wait to get them and install them! I'll post my impressions here for you, if you haven't already bought them.
Yea please let me know how it goes. I believe the stock front is 32mm on SS camaros correct?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99SSJarhead
From my experience, most people drop ship from UMI or BMR anyways on most suspension pieces, so unless you have a vendor you want to support (not a bad thing since the cost is the same from vendors or straight from the dealer in most cases) sometimes it is best to go straight to UMI or BMR's website and order.

Unless of course someone is running a sale (like byunspeed usually does on memorial day) or they offer free shipping. Free shipping tends to get my vote a lot. In a lot of cases though it may do well to ask if they actually have the item in stock or not. Can't count the number of times I've ordered something then waited 2 - 3 weeks for it to arrive.
Which seems liek a more solid company as far as quality though? UMI or BMR? or is it one of those personal preference things?

Thanks again guys for helping me along with this choice.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can view suspension parts from both companies at the WS6 store.

Quick Reply: Suspension recommendations