Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm bushing Mount problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:23 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Torque arm bushing Mount problem

So i heard an awful clunk yesterday and come to find out i look underneath and the torque arm bushing isnt connected i took it all off and i see a huge problem. Where it clamps together at the top i dont know what was up there maybe a 15mm bolt to the tranny???? But its gone!!!!!! Looks like it popped out i have no idea how that happened. seems like the hole is stripped out also. No clue how that happened but what the hell do i do now can i re tap that hole?? obv something is up for it to come out like that. and if i just thread a new one in there im sure it will do the exact same thing and come out. any suggestions?? im guessing when they did my clutch and pulled the tranny stripped the hole in there??? Im not happy about this one
Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always a good time for a T/A relocation crossmember. About 220 - 250 bucks from umi or bmr.

Other just retread the hole for a slightly larger bolt.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torque Arm Relocation Kit

Yeah, it's possible they just forgot it, or just hand threaded it and forgot to torque it. No worries though... sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to me You could go with a Torque Arm Relocation Kit and that hole would no longer be necessary. There are quite a few threads about them on here.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

Quick Reply: Torque arm bushing Mount problem