Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Thinking about re-entering the fold.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about re-entering the fold.

Boy its been an interesting 6 months.

I sold my 2005 V a week before the CPO warranty was up. And just in the nick of time. The instrument panel went dead, the sunroof stopped working, my 2nd set of trunk hydraulics gave up the ghost, the rear dif was whineing mighty loud (maybe time for dif #4?), needed snow tires and the dealership said I would have to live with my peeling buttons as they were not gonna replace the radio anymore.

So I traded her in on a 2010 Subaru WRX STi...a week before one of the largest blizzards in Chicago history. So that ended up working out nice. That was till the weather finally started to get nice.

While AWD launches are things that stories get made of, I miss the GTness of my Gen 1 CTS-V.

So I think after a short 6 month stint of ownership. I think its time to find another CPO'd V.

Budget wise, I am gonna have to stick with a N/A unit. Looks like 07s are the last of the 1st gens that can be CPO'd (I sure as hell not paying for all the crap that COULD break on this one like my last one). This time I am gonna try to stay away from Black as I was always a fan of blue errrm Thunder Grey

Now can someone jog my memory about CPO. I am pretty sure I don't have to buy the caddy from a caddy dealer to get CPO. It just needs to still be under the factory warranty and I can buy CPO from a .com or caddy dealer... right?
Old 05-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Launching!

I thought only a selling dealer can CPO it but could be wrong on that. I highly doubt you can bring a car to a dealer and pay them to CPO it. I've NEVER heard of that being done; however, you could certainly purchase the GMPP warranty but it is not as good. Why not just find a V that already has the CPO warranty from a dealer or private seller? That is what I did. I bought my 07 from a private seller and it was already a CPO car (that warranty stays with the car, not the owner). I got lucky and mine had been CPO'd just before april 09 so it was the good 'luxury' cpo warranty meaning it is actually an extension of the bumper to bumper and covers EVERYTHING. I'm not sure how I'd feel about this car without that warranty. GM has lost money on me BIG TIME. I must have 4-5 pages of service history and the car is on its 3rd diff (gen 4 whisper quiet still). Mine is still covered bumper to bumper until July 2012. Another thing is that all 07s have 100k powertrain warranty anyway.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

mine has the luxury cpo as well until january 2012, im soooo lucky i had that or else i would be upside down in this thing. lol ive milked my warranty for everything it had from replaced radio/ac buttons, to rear end and pcm replacement. im definitely going to be looking for another warranty once mine is up
Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Only cadillac dealers can sell CPO cars. Im not sure if that extended warranty is transferred over from a private seller though.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any GM, chevy, Cadillac dealer can sell them. I got mime from the chevy dealership down here
Old 06-01-2011, 07:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe only a caddy dealer can sell with the caddy CPO. Regular GM CPO is just a few months. But you can add GMPP to any car still under factory warranty.

Also don't forget that '07s have a 5yr/100k powertrain warranty.

And FYI, stealth grey is the blueish color. Thunder grey is grey. No "blue" for 2007.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

call up barrington cadillac, thats where I got mine, they usually have a v1 up there, they threw in the gmpp major guard til dec 2012 for me, i bought mine last august, and I drove my V in that huge storm as I work for comed I got stuck working lol

Old 06-01-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the insight guys. I have started to snoop around.

I am basically looking for a CPO car that I can GMPP

Don't get me wrong, I loved my V1 to death, I just hated that it cost "someone" over 20k in repairs in the 3 years I owned the car.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Launching!

We should have a contest for people to post their service history lists and see who has the longest. I guess the problem is that not everyone has access to theirs. The last one I got was from over 1.5 years ago but it was already multiple pages.

These are just a few of the things on mine: multiple diff replacements, both headlights, sway bar bushings, endlinks, multiple diff bushing replacements, nav buttons, nav screen, new sunroof, clutch switch, starter, motor mounts, new shifter, seat repair for squeek, diff vent tube fix (twice), ps flush for whine, rear sail panels, a-pillar molding,a couple roadside assistance tows, spark plugs, sunroof drain hoses, rear diff seal, spare tire cover replace. There is much more and I'm probably forgetting some expensive ones...haha. THANK GOD FOR THIS WARRANTY! Even with all of that, I still LOVE the car. It's actually very solid now and no problems (because I've been picky about tiny issues and used the warranty to the fullest).

When/if I get a V2 next year, I'll be looking for a CPO car. I wouldn't want to own a V without an awesome warranty.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Mine may be coming up for sale...check out the conversions forum.

Quick Reply: Thinking about re-entering the fold.