Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC 9" or Moser 9"

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MWC 9" or Moser 9"

Well I bought some summit stars and sticky tires this weekend and they are motivating me to buy the 9" I need for the launches I want to do. I do do some street driving, anywhere from 4-8k a year but I plan on making a good bit of track passes on it.

What would you guys buy if you could do it again. Would you stick with what you have or buy something else. I was leaning toward the Moser 9" because I didn't want to have to wait for it when I was ready to buy (In about a month). After flipping through the MWC thread I found that I can just put a down payment on one and when I am ready for it, it might be done. It does cost more but for what it looks like you get it seems like it evens out.

I just want opinions on what you guys would do. I have never heard a single thing bad about the MWC rear and I am definitely leaning towards it.

Cars an M6 with 430hp/400tq and I might be putting a 150 shot on it.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

do the mwc rear , im betting one of the sponsors will see this
Old 06-02-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MWC hands down, id do the wait over again if i had to. and MWC is cheaper than moser I'm not sure were you got that they were more expensive.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
do the mwc rear , im betting one of the sponsors will see this
yeah, and I bet bob will be in here real quick with his links. "HERE'S WHAT I SELL! IT SHIPS 2 DAYS AFTER ORDER!!!!!!" and Eric or jason from MWC will come on and give you some real insight. I'd buy from a racer/fabricator any day of the week over some guy just selling parts.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
MWC hands down, id do the wait over again if i had to. and MWC is cheaper than moser I'm not sure were you got that they were more expensive.
2300 for the moser vs 2700 for the MWC + you need a drive shaft I thought?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Launching!

stock drive shaft worked on my mwc. plus with the mwc you get the torque arm and relocation bracket. honds down MWC is the best, its way lighter and great customer service.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hard to compare the old style Moser 9 inch to the MWC piece. But if wait is any kind of issue at all, the m9 may be what you want. If you have 3-4 months the MWC is probably gonna be your best bet.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jetaws6
2300 for the moser vs 2700 for the MWC + you need a drive shaft I thought?
what does the $2300 M9 include? The $2700 shipped MWC is complete and ready to bolt in, to include all new hardware and brake line tabs to name a few things.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

what does the $2300 M9 include? The $2700 shipped MWC is complete and ready to bolt in, to include all new hardware and brake line tabs to name a few things.
Thats why I said it seems like it evens out.....

Originally Posted by alans02z
Hard to compare the old style Moser 9 inch to the MWC piece. But if wait is any kind of issue at all, the m9 may be what you want. If you have 3-4 months the MWC is probably gonna be your best bet.

Wait isnt a huge issue because I read that I can give them a deposit and they will start the build. If it is a 3-4 month turn around I dont know if I can wait that long though. It will be almost the end of the season.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, and I bet bob will be in here real quick with his links. "HERE'S WHAT I SELL! IT SHIPS 2 DAYS AFTER ORDER!!!!!!" and Eric or jason from MWC will come on and give you some real insight. I'd buy from a racer/fabricator any day of the week over some guy just selling parts.
LMAO, you forgot that it also includes "FREE SHIPPING"
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The $2300.00 Moser rear would have to be a regular nine inch with a spool, such as the one here. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...with-Spool.htm

The M9 starts at $2949.99 shipped with a spool. Here is a link to it.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-M9-...y-Complete.htm

At least those are my prices, and I don't make much money on them so I know no ones going to get one for much less, if any, off my prices. It would be less confusing if the Moser M9 was just called the Moser fabricated rear, as I know a lot of people assume the M9 means it is the Moser 9 inch. I'll bet that is what is happening here in this thread. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-02-2011, 02:21 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is many great choices out there, do not discount the S60 either if you are not concerned about weight and time frame is an issue. Another plus with it and the Moser stamped housing is if you already have a torque arm you can reuse it. Regardless I can help you out on all three choices available and still give you great prices on our other items we manufacture and tech support long after the sale.

Now with our builds yes there is a little bit of a time frame, and we have been making as much changes as possible to speed that up. We are having a great year this year and that is because you can see how happy our customers are after the sale and mind you these guys waited as well. Keep in mind though as the season goes on our lead time shortens substantially and increases after the first of the new year when people get their tax returns.

Here's just a few advantages to our rear end package... Cost being one of them based off what comes in the package alone. It is one of the most complete housing packages on the market and bolts into the vehicle like a stock ten bolt would- we even include all brand new hardware for our parts, which if you go to a hardware store and purchase the same things would cost as much as 25.00 or more depending on where you shop. No other manufacturer does this and is a huge convenience not to have to round up things like muffler clamps to attach your sway bar. It is the lightest on the market as well even fully loaded with all the options it comes with. Not to mention if you purchase one of our packages we give our customers amazing discounts on other suspension items.

Really our customers do our best advertising on the product and are very honest when it comes to how well the transaction took place. If you have some in depth questions you want to ask let me know and I will try to answer them for you the best I can.

Last edited by MidwestChassis; 06-02-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
There is many great choices out there, do not discount the S60 either if you are not concerned about weight and time frame is an issue. Another plus with it and the Moser stamped housing is if you already have a torque arm you can reuse it. Regardless I can help you out on all three choices available and still give you great prices on our other items we manufacture and tech support long after the sale.

Now with our builds yes there is a little bit of a time frame, we have been making as much changes as possible to speed that up, we are having a great year this year and that is because you can see how happy our customers are after the sale and mind you these guys waited as well.

Now there is a few advantages to our rear end package. Cost being one of them based off what comes in the package alone. It is one of the most complete housing packages on the market and bolts into the vehicle like a stock ten bolt would. It is the lightest on the market as well even fully loaded with all the options it comes with. Not to mention if you purchase one of our packages we give our customers amazing discounts on other suspension items.

Really our customers do our best advertising on the product and are very honest when it comes to how well the transaction took place. If you have some in depth questions you want to ask let me know and I will try to answer them for you the best I can.
Im going to give you guys a call on Monday probably and get some stuff squared away. Hopefully we can get it figured out and ill put a deposit on one
Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 PM
10 Second Club

MWC 9" all the way. Had mine for 2 years now and still love it!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Im going to give you guys a call on Monday probably and get some stuff squared away. Hopefully we can get it figured out and ill put a deposit on one
Sounds great. We will be glad to help you with any questions you may have and no bs sales pitch. We will only sell you what you need and right the first time.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wait isnt a huge issue because I read that I can give them a deposit and they will start the build. If it is a 3-4 month turn around I dont know if I can wait that long though. It will be almost the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

Edit: If any wait is an issue, go s60 or m9. doubled lead time is frustrating

Last edited by alans02z; 06-02-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: trying not to piss anyone off
Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It is not so much a lead time it is an estimate based off the amount of orders we have once a customer makes an order. Only an estimate how ever and that is stated to the customer when ordering. With anything that is being custom built for someone there are changes made during the process, and we do build some one off things to housings but those changes set us back some as well and very hard to plan for. However that is part of the reason customers come to us is because we can do anything they want.

When making an order during tax time and the beginning of the season there can be some expected wait time. Manufacture's product availability is limited because they sell out of items as well and can get behind on orders. This only turns into a trickle effect.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:51 AM
TECH Regular

So how much is a stock working 4 channel rear end worth now a days $250?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

So how much is a stock working 4 channel rear end worth now a days $250?
I have sold working 10 bolt rears for $100.00 to $400.00, depending on mileage, etc. If the rear is in good shape and is relatively quiet, you should be able to get $250.00 out of it. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-03-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Regular

I guess its in good shape but I have never had the cover off and I could never hear it. It does have 100k mi on it though

Quick Reply: MWC 9" or Moser 9"