LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car Is Running After H/C Swap - Down On Power

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Is Running After H/C Swap - Down On Power

I have a 73K mile 1996 T/A with an M6 that I purchased new. Previous mods were Hooker L/T's and a CAI kit and it dynoed 292 on a DynoJet several years ago. Since then I installed a 12 bolt. Studied up for months and purchased all of the parts for a H/C swap over a year ago, but just recently was able to install everything with the work being done by a very knowledgable friend (both LT1 & LS1).

We installed new Trick Flow 185cc 21 deg heads, medium sized cam 22X/23X on a 110 LSA, Comp Cam Ultra Pro-Mag RR's, LS7 lifters, GM timing chain & gears, 58mm, 30lb Delphi injectors, a fully ported intake, and some additional things that I am sure I am leaving out. Finally got to dyno the car today (different DynoJet) and do some tuning. Was very disappointed in the results. A/F is in check. Running about 37 degrees of timing. Minimal knock retard.

Looks good & smooth down low, but starts breaking up around 4K. I am thinking that it might be the opti. It is the original one and it has lived for 9 years after the original water pump puked. What is everyone's opinion? I don't mind shelling out for a new opti. I am just a little bummed with the results after being this long in the making.

Thanks, Steven.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

eeek.. I would be bummed too. Hopefully its the opti.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

Ever get the miss figured out?