View Full Version : what have you found to be the best workouts?

boostedlt1
06-03-2011, 02:53 PM
i'm trying to work on my arms (biceps/triceps) and abs as they are currently my weak points IMO.

i know a lot of guys on here work out and will probably be able to help so i figured i'd ask for your advice.

i used to go to the gym and have a personal trainer that would kick my ass. i don't have a gym membership any more though and most of the work-outs i did with him were all on machines, so this now poses a problem for me.. :lol: i have edit: dumbbells at my house that i can use though.

just wondering what you guys have personally found to be the most beneficial work outs. everyone knows there's a million different work outs out there so i'm just curious which ones you guys would recommend?

also doesn't have to be just arm/ab work outs, that's just what i want to focus on at the moment. but i could use an all around work out as well

thanks guys!

TXZ28LS1
06-03-2011, 05:12 PM
i would highly suggest just sticking to the basics such as barbell curls, dumbell curls, hammer curls for biceps...

For triceps you cant beat skullcrushers, close grip bench presses.

You just need to keep changing up your workouts. I have been doin giant sets lately. Basically giant sets you do 4 exercises one after another. For example do barbell curls, then immediately go into another bicep exercise, then another exercise..etc..etc..

lemons12
06-03-2011, 05:22 PM
German Volume training is stupid intense. What they say about limping 3-4 days after a leg workout is true.

It is proven, been around for years. Awesome workout.

Jersey Mike
06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
i would highly suggest just sticking to the basics such as barbell curls, dumbell curls, hammer curls for biceps...

For triceps you cant beat skullcrushers, close grip bench presses.

^^This.
Also, pushups & pull-ups will kick your ass but it's fun seeing the improvement you've made.

I used to start my Tris workout with dips & end with close-grip bench (elbows in). Since you don't have access to a gym, try to replicate these workouts with dumbbells, around your house. Skull-crushers are also great for your Tris.

Abs, I honestly don't focus on much anymore. But I was doing a ton of crunches, bicycle crunches, and leg lifts. Running helped a lot too.

You're not as limited, without a gym membership, as you think. You can work out your entire upper body with just a set of dumbbells & an adjustable bench. It doesn't sound like you're too focused on strengthening your lower body, so the above should satisfy you.

Hope that helps.

killagt
06-03-2011, 05:32 PM
P90x ?

180ls1
06-03-2011, 05:35 PM
your abs are probably covered by fat also even if your not very fat, start doing an hour of cardio 3 times per week. Also try a low carb diet go go with that thats high on protein. I know thats what i did when my abs were looking their best, they were not even that strong its just there was no fat covering them at all so they looked really defined.

For bulk you want to do lots of weight and lower reps, that will help build mass. Search for a guy named "Scooby" or something like scooby workouts on youtube, he always has his shirts off in his videos. he has a lot of very good tips on working out and at home workouts.

Scott97LT1
06-03-2011, 05:36 PM
I work at 2 different gyms, one private to a resort, as well as LA Fitness, so I will give some input.

First things first, Are you trying to build or cut/tone?

RPM WS6
06-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Generall before a workout I'll run outside real quick and grab a rabbit, squirrel or sometimes a stray cat. Really any sort of yard meat will do, whatever happens to be scampering around is fine. The important thing is that you take in some protein and, as an added bonus, chasing your pray is a great warm-up before lifting.

As for the actual workout routine, I'm too cheap to pay for a gym membership or to buy the machines. I stick to free weights, which somewhat limits what I can do, but it's still entirely possibile to build a strong upper body this way. Super sets, as mentioned above, are a great suggestion....I do that for about half of my routine.

180ls1
06-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Here they are, take the time to watch these and his other videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UheCchftswc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95xRTID478I

Scott97LT1
06-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Generall before a workout I'll run outside real quick and grab a rabbit, squirrel or sometimes a stray cat. Really any sort of yard meat will do, whatever happens to be scampering around is fine. The important thing is that you take in some protein and, as an added bonus, chasing your pray is a great warm-up before lifting.

As for the actual workout routine, I'm too cheap to pay for a gym membership or to buy the machines. I stick to free weights, which somewhat limits what I can do, but it's still entirely possibile to build a strong upper body this way. Super sets, as mentioned above, are a great suggestion....I do that for about half of my routine.

Actually free weights are much better for building than guided machines, as it allows you to focus your stabalizing muscles for that group as well.

Scott97LT1
06-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Here they are, take the time to watch these and his other videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UheCchftswc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95xRTID478I

Scooby is the man! ive recommended, and used his videos as well.

JHL88
06-03-2011, 05:42 PM
insanity is really good

180ls1
06-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Scooby is the man! ive recommended, and used his videos as well.

he really is, you are getting hundreds of dollars worth of information in his videos. Most trainers at the gym probably dont know 50% of what this guy knows. I need to catch up with some of his newer videos.

Scott97LT1
06-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Ill just throw something out there of what I do.

Get yourself a stability ball to match your body size, the bigger or taller you are, the bigger the ball. These are great for quite a few ab routines, as my favorite one is the jack knife.

Jack knife: Rolling out on your hands in pushup position, legs extended and both feet on the stability ball. To do the movement, you must keep your arms stabil, your core at a slight upward bend, and roll your knees into your chest while maintaining the upwards bend (No slouching your back)

Those take some practice to get balanced but it is an excelent ab workout which i incorperate every other workout.

Along side those I do weighted crunches, 3 sets of 25-30 1 left, 1 center, and 1 right side. in which the last set you are just barely able to finish off.

Now there are other parts to the routine that target obliques exc, but those are done with machines within a gym. Of course there are other ways to target them on your own, but to really get everything out of your workout, a gym is the way to go.

Scott97LT1
06-03-2011, 05:56 PM
and another thing, getting in shape is 70% diet, 30% working out... no if ands or buts about it. Thats not to say slack off on your workouts and eat good.. it is still essential if you want to get anywhere.

boostedlt1
06-03-2011, 06:11 PM
First things first, Are you trying to build or cut/tone?

just cut/tone abs, and somewhat built arms, not crazy big though

your abs are probably covered by fat also even if your not very fat, start doing an hour of cardio 3 times per week. Also try a low carb diet go go with that thats high on protein. I know thats what i did when my abs were looking their best, they were not even that strong its just there was no fat covering them at all so they looked really defined.

For bulk you want to do lots of weight and lower reps, that will help build mass. Search for a guy named "Scooby" or something like scooby workouts on youtube, he always has his shirts off in his videos. he has a lot of very good tips on working out and at home workouts.

you would be correct, my abs are covered with fat! that's unfortunately where all my fat is stored.. haha i used to be super active, i played tennis and basketball both almost everyday, after i graduated i stopped, but i'm sure if i can get rid of the fat i'll have SOMETHING there :lol: i was planning on switching off between the weights and cadio, weights one day, cardio the next.

thanks for the video info, i'll definitely be watching those!

Along side those I do weighted crunches, 3 sets of 25-30 1 left, 1 center, and 1 right side. in which the last set you are just barely able to finish off.

that's actually what i'm doing right now, i was doing sets of 35-40 though, would you recommend i bump up the weight and decrease the reps?

thanks for all the info guys! i'll definitely be using it!

as far as diet, i try to eat healthy, now that i'm starting to work out i'm trying to get some more protein in my diet. any vitamins/supplements you guys would recommend?

JIBBBY
06-03-2011, 06:13 PM
All out Sprints (100 yard dashes) run them slightly up hill repeatedly until everything hurts. Take a minute or two breather between each run.. Do that everyday for 30 minutes if the body and heart can hold up and you will get stacked and fit in a hurry..

That is a very intense work out that builds core strength too, and you'll also get very fast and quick!!! The key is that you must run it at 100% effort every time..

Swimming sprints in the pool will gas you out too and get you lean. Combine both with a little bit of weight training and you can't go wrong. HOUSE!!!!

boostedlt1
06-03-2011, 06:25 PM
sounds intense... i like. :D

i'm assuming swimming sprints are just swimming all out back and forth? i'll have to check the temp of my pool tomorrow :nod:

Scott97LT1
06-03-2011, 06:27 PM
If your trying to bulk your arms, do everything in slow concentrated reps. standing dumbell curls and hammer curls I have found to be very effective as I am now at 17 inch biceps with roughly 5% body fat.

Keep your back strait, and head focused forward. not up, not down.

When doing your reps, try to keep from throwing your own body weight into it and focus all of it into your arms.

Hold each rep at peak for 2 seconds and release slowly.

Rinse and repeat.

**Alternate your workouts, never keep doing the same routine everytime or you will hit a plateue.

boostedlt1
06-03-2011, 06:57 PM
by alternate do you mean like have two/three sets of work outs and just alternate between those? or just constantly change it up and not have a "set" schedule? i'm afraid if i do that i'll lose track what of what i need to do.. lol

edit: in my op i accidently said i have barbells, unfortunately i can't find my barbell at the moment, what i meant to say was dumbbells*

ULTIMATEORANGESS
06-03-2011, 07:28 PM
winstrol and deca.

sorry. :P

jonnyperoni
06-03-2011, 07:39 PM
If your trying to bulk your arms, do everything in slow concentrated reps. standing dumbell curls and hammer curls I have found to be very effective as I am now at 17 inch biceps with roughly 5% body fat.

Keep your back strait, and head focused forward. not up, not down.

When doing your reps, try to keep from throwing your own body weight into it and focus all of it into your arms.

Hold each rep at peak for 2 seconds and release slowly.

Rinse and repeat.

**Alternate your workouts, never keep doing the same routine everytime or you will hit a plateue.

this is what i've been doing and it's been working great. i don't use really heavy weight yet, i'm focusing more on my form at the moment, along with doing every rep slow and controlled. i try to do this with every workout i can and its been working wonders for me.

as far as supplements i've been using jack3d for a few weeks now and it's been great. i feel so much more energetic and focused. it gives me that extra "umph" during my last reps to push harder than i usually would. after workout i drink some whey protein.

i don't really have a set routine per se, me and my buddy usually alternate days between back, chest, tri's, bi's, shoulders, and legs. sometimes we'll do 2 workouts in one day. i jog before and after i workout, and sometimes we do some boxing to change it up a bit.

killagt
06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
I think the best work out is sex !

JIBBBY
06-03-2011, 09:10 PM
winstrol and deca. sorry. :P

Or HGH if you can afford it and don't mind getting bigger feet and ears and the HGH gut..:bang:

Deca and winstrol will work too if you have the nads to take the pain by needle in the ass..

Oh by the way - Got Moose after the roids wear off? Better keep lifting and diet even harder after or tits will sag...:bomb:

Just keeping it real up in this beast!!!:chug:

ULTIMATEORANGESS
06-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Or HGH if you can afford it and don't mind getting bigger feet and ears and the HGH gut..:bang:

Deca and winstrol will work too if you have the nads to take the pain by needle in the ass..

Oh by the way - Got Moose after the roids wear off? Better keep lifting and diet even harder after or tits will sag...:bomb:

Just keeping it real up in this beast!!!:chug:

HGH in moderate dosages my man. not BALCO/BONDS type dosages. :sack:

PCT and a good diet will keep you in good shape after a cycle. dont use juice as a crutch and youll be fine. :chug:

Scott97LT1
06-04-2011, 12:37 AM
As in alternate what you do for workouts..always try new things but keep what you already know as well.

And as for hgh and steroids convo, cheating your way through gives you no real sense of accomplishment, and when you get off..dont expect to keep the gains, nore have normal test levels for a really long time..have fun that lol.

TheBlueKnight
06-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Since I haven't seen to much talk about diet yet...

I had been doing crazy ab workouts for months along with cardio and lifting weights. After nearly 4-5 months I wasn't seeing any change in my abs. I wasn't a fast food junkie or dessert guy, I ate decent.

I talked with a doctor at my work and he said I could shed all my fat really fast. I was going to the Bahamas and wanted to look killer so I agreed to six weeks of his diet. It was basically a low carb diet.

Pretty much a very simplified break down of an average day's food...

8am - Protien Shake (I had cookies and creme muscle milk)
10am - fiber 1 bar
noon - Chicken/Steak/porkchops (pretty much any lean meat, no eating a bucket of chicken skin from KFC!)
2pm - V8 vegetable drink
4pm - just stuffed myself with sandwich meat (turkey, ham, salami)
6-7pm - a healthy meal (aka salmon with brown rice and asparagus/ Chicken breast with green beans/ even a big salad with cucumber and salami or chicken in it with a light dressing.

2 big rules...NO DESSERT/ CANDY and NO SODA

I also excersised a few days a week like biceps, crunches, bench press, as well as cardio like riding my bike to work or doing the eleptical. During the six weeks the diet basically starved my body of sugars and carbs. Because my body couldn't use sugar and carbs anymore it was forced to burn fat (lipids) as fuel. I did a few urine tests throughout the six weeks to make sure I was burning fat and sure enough I was peeing keytones, a byproduct of your body burning fat for fuel. I also made sure to stay VERY hydrated each day and drank LOTS of water.

After 2 weeks I was dropping the pounds and my abs were starting to pop out, by week six I was lean and cut. I felt great and looked really good. He didn't suggest I stay on the diet as it is extreme and leaves out a lot of nutrients you need on a daily basis throughout your life. I just used it to "lose" weight. Once I acheived my weight loss I just adopted a healthy diet to "maintain" my desired weight.

Whole wheat speggetti instead of the cheap regular kind. Brown rice instead of white. Diet soda if any instead of regular soda. And small portioning as well as seldomly eating candy or dessert.

I don't have any before pictures but I have after's. The amount I transformed in 6 weeks by that diet was insane. And I only dropped from about 168lbs to 158lbs. It would IMO be even more radical if you are a bigger guy.

Pics after the six weeks...(not trying to be gay:jest: or show off to anyone, just showing the results.)

In the Bahamas...
http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/MapleBoarder78/087.jpg?t=1307171158

A few days before leaving on the plane...
http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/MapleBoarder78/001-6.jpg?t=1307172615

boostedlt1
06-04-2011, 03:59 AM
thanks for sharing your story! gives me hope :)

i've definitely been working on my diet. i've always been super against soda, maybe one or two on a vary rare occasion, i can't stand people that drink soda or other sugary drinks and expect to lose weight while they're drinking multiple cans of that liquid poison everyday.

when i started my sophomore year in high school i weighed ~205lbs. i was eating pizza everyday at school, and drinking a huge can of sugar (arizona ice tea, watermelon flavor!) i would play basketball everyday at lunch for at least 30 mins. even with the activity i wasn't really losing any weight. i switched my diet to eating lettuce at lunch and drinking a water. In a month i was down to 150lbs. over 50lbs! it was an amazing accomplishment for me and completely changed my life, i would never be where i am today if i was still fat, as awful as that is, it's true.

i grew and put on some muscle, so i'm now ~6'2" and weigh around 180lbs, and i look the same as i did back when i was 150. so now i'm just trying to finish what i started 4 years ago.

i've cut fast food out of my diet completely, i'm going to try to drink water as much as possible, the food i eat is usually pretty healthy, but i'm going start monitoring it better and try making it even healthier (no more late night ice cream snacks :'( lol)

i took a picture today so once i finish i'll be able to give you guys a good before/after :)

bayer-z28
06-04-2011, 07:25 AM
I've been working as a steel erector. Sounds crazy, but I've gained more mass on my arms in a MONTH than I ever have going to the gym for 6 years in the Military as a pavements construction worker. :confused: Granted I got nice and tone and gained some muscle in the MIL, but not what I wanted. I used to do some lifting and was on a protien kick for a while trying to gain mass.... Never worked well for me. If I ran, I would burn everything off before I could use it. Just my experience though, I'm 6'2" and 180lbs @ ~20%.

Plus there's days when I have to constantly move heavy beams, girts, perlins, buckets of bolts, panels or anything else across the jobsite multiple times a day. Sometimes you get that nice sting in your chest like you do after you've just got done running 2 miles. I will push myself at work so I get just that; a WORKOUT. I don't really get winded, mostly because I've been a runner for so long so it will take a lot for me to run out of air. And It's been warm so I'm constantly hydrated with my Camelbak. And we work 12-13hr days.

z_speedfreak
06-04-2011, 07:52 AM
My natural weight is 145 and I need 5meals a day to get any higher, only time I ever put weight on was in boot camp lol. protein is important tho, I've been told to try to take in 90+grams a day. I don't have a work out routine either, no time or energy for one. I just bust my ass out fishing
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/nameduser/100_0800.jpg
lol still got thin wrists, owel

bayer-z28
06-04-2011, 07:54 AM
^ I got thin wrists too.. Mostly why I still think I'm skinny, but a 42" chest.. Odd.

z_speedfreak
06-04-2011, 08:02 AM
^ I got thin wrists too.. Mostly why I still think I'm skinny, but a 42" chest.. Odd.
ya I thinkin about gettin wrists implants...

:rotflmao:

Scott97LT1
06-04-2011, 09:14 AM
This is me after roughly 3 years of working out. I had no tone, definition, or size before. Now at 173, 6-1, 5% body fat, and a sh*t tone of hard work.

Before: http://i56.tinypic.com/x4lu84.jpg

After 3 years: http://i52.tinypic.com/1z6f9z8.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/1hwdv7.jpg

It really just takes motivation, once the results start coming you will never go back.

TheBlueKnight
06-04-2011, 10:59 AM
ya I thinkin about gettin wrists implants...

:rotflmao:

Dude tell me about it, looks like my wrists are going to snap under the weight when I bench!

Scott97LT1
06-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Dude tell me about it, looks like my wrists are going to snap under the weight when I bench!
Working on your forearms will help reduce that look by a good amount. As for the wrists themselves there is no muscle formation around it so they wont actually change much.

z_speedfreak
06-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Working on your forearms will help reduce that look by a good amount. As for the wrists themselves there is no muscle formation around it so they wont actually change much.
tell me about it! when I'm scalloping I get arms like pop eye:D
the only thing that has made my wrists bigger is by "gripping up" from shucking, of course its the tendons that get bigger, not muscle:(

Tobias05
06-04-2011, 12:24 PM
2 big rules...NO DESSERT/ CANDY and NO SODA...

:bang:

Scott97LT1
06-04-2011, 12:27 PM
:bang:

Dont take that to seriously, I still drink a soda now n then and eat "dessert" here n there.. its a matter of how hard you wanna work it off lol.

Tobias05
06-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Dont take that to seriously, I still drink a soda now n then and eat "dessert" here n there.. its a matter of how hard you wanna work it off lol.

haha, i hear ya.

i average about 2 cans a day right now. the sixty miles i've ran the last few months don't mean squat when i'm drinking too much soda.

some of my favorite exercises:
decline bench
dips
rows
concentration curls
lat-pulldowns

Scott97LT1
06-04-2011, 12:40 PM
haha, i hear ya.

i average about 2 cans a day right now. the sixty miles i've ran the last few months don't mean squat when i'm drinking too much soda.

some of my favorite exercises:
decline bench
dips
rows
concentration curls
lat-pulldowns

Yeah thats excessive.. I average about a can every 2 weeks, sometimes 2 haha.

When it comes to working chest you need to do incline as well, or your upper chest wont form well. I dont even use the bench press what so ever, all dumbells, incline, flat, and decline. Flys as well. Along side lat pull downs, try wide grip pull ups, those work great for lats as well. I do 3 sets, 25 reps wide grip, chest arched slightly up towards the grips.

TheBlueKnight
06-04-2011, 01:25 PM

I have a soda and dessert now and then too. The NO DESSERT AND SODA rule was for my extreme diet plan where I had six weeks to loose fat as fast as possible. I wouldn't do it in day to day life or it would suck!

LS69TA
06-04-2011, 07:59 PM

I've gotten stress fractures in my wrist/lower forearm area before from curling too much weight. Used to finish up my EZ bar curls with a last set of 160lbs of weight on there (45 & 35 on each side) weighed in at a whopping 185lbs myself :) and 18.5" biceps.

Shamson5.7
06-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Ive done weightlifting, Insanity, different cardio workouts etc over the last 5 years and Ive got to say NOTHING stacks up against MMA training. I started about 3 months ago and Ive never been in better shape.

bboyferal
06-04-2011, 08:39 PM
For me, Judo, running, and weights.

blk~2000~Z28
06-04-2011, 10:13 PM
and another thing, getting in shape is 70% diet, 30% working out... no if ands or buts about it. Thats not to say slack off on your workouts and eat good.. it is still essential if you want to get anywhere.

This is the truth. Started a new job in January and quickly realized that my fatass couldn't take it unless I dropped weight. I went from 270 down to 202 currently, primarily from watching what I am eating. The drop in weight allowed me to start working out again which actually put probably 10-20 pounds of muscle in place of the fat on me. I think the key idea people need to realize is that if they are getting fat they are obviously eating too much, so just eat less/healthier first and exercise will be the icing on the cake so to speak on your way to a healthier life.

To answer the original question, my workout was 1-1.5hr of cardio on a stationary bike while watching DVR or Blu-ray movies(old habits die hard). Didn't like that so I now run on a treadmill followed by elevated push-ups and bicep curls with free weights. I don't like being sore at work so I haven't been too intense with the weights.

Polynikes
06-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Squat, Bench, Deadlift...nuff said.

Scott97LT1
06-06-2011, 09:14 AM
If thats all you do.. You might wanna start targeting everything else too lol.

Head Hunter
06-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Starting Strength by Mark Rippletoe

MTBSully
06-06-2011, 01:48 PM
the ones where i pick things up and put them down

Polynikes
06-06-2011, 05:07 PM
If thats all you do.. You might wanna start targeting everything else too lol.

That does target everything. You can throw in Military Press for shoulder work, but its all about the BIG 3 COMPOUND lifts.

Someone mentioned Starting Strength above, an outstanding workout!
Madcow 5x5 or Wendler's 5/3/1 also kick ass workouts. All tried and true proven workouts that will put on massive size and strength. Just say no to curl jockeys and curling in the power rack.

Scott97LT1
06-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Not really, you arent targeting your upper back, lats, abs to a point but nowhere near acceptable. I work at 2 gyms there are so many people that dont realize what they are missing and you can clearly see where they are falling behind. Due to the fact that they think all they gotta do is bench and do legs, it does not work that way..
Refer to my results on the previous page.

Polynikes
06-06-2011, 05:48 PM
to each his own...

AWD_Launch
06-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Not really, you arent targeting your upper back, lats, abs to a point but nowhere near acceptable. I work at 2 gyms there are so many people that dont realize what they are missing and you can clearly see where they are falling behind. Due to the fact that they think all they gotta do is bench and do legs, it does not work that way..
Refer to my results on the previous page.

Compound movements > any other exercises. Yes they don't target every tiny muscle but they are the main lifts, add in some other lifts each day and you have a great workout. BTW deadlifts work the whole back, hips, legs, abs, and butt if you do it correctly. Thats why it is called a compound movement, it works multiple muscles at a time which in turn increases the ability to gain muscle because you body will naturally send out more test. From the main 3-4 compunds work in a few isolation lifts and your golden. BTW your not even close to 5% more like 10-12%.

Tainted
06-07-2011, 10:23 AM
sex... seriously :lol:

gets your heart rate up and depending on how freaky ya wanna get theres all your sets

Tobias05
06-07-2011, 02:24 PM

gets your heart rate up and depending on how freaky ya wanna get theres all your sets

and (typically) cheaper than a gym membership, lol...

Andrew1989
06-07-2011, 09:49 PM
There is a large amount of stuff that I do not agree with in this thread. We all have our preferences. They way one person does something may not be the way the other person does it. But I think one thing we will all agree on is that no matter what you do if you are not prepared with the right mind set and ready to throw out some intensity and effort you will not get results. The key to fitness is simple: effort and intensity.

Keep your work outs simple and keep your intensity high and you will get results. Try and enjoy yourself along the way.

Scott97LT1
06-07-2011, 10:51 PM
And for some good entensity, I might throw out there..grab some pre workout such as 1mr, or jack3d.. They boost you for when you really need it some days. However I wouldnt take it before hopping into the ls1, exc cuz the speed limit no longer exists at that point XD

JIBBBY
06-07-2011, 10:53 PM

You're only gonna work lower back.. You may get a little quad work in but that's about it.. Overrated to for cardio!!!:D

z_speedfreak
06-08-2011, 05:42 AM
You're only gonna work lower back.. You may get a little quad work in but that's about it.. Overrated to for cardio!!!:D
your not doing it right!:D
seriously though, toss her over/around, pick her up and pin her to the wall or just straight up hold her up, that works your legs, back & arms! if sex aint a work out for some one than their a dead fish:lol:

bjamick
06-08-2011, 06:13 AM
Here is what I do:

Mon: Chest/abs

Tues: Back

Wed: Bi's and Tri's/Abs

Thu: Legs/chest

Fri: Shoulder/abs

I have went from 135lbs to 160lbs. I am around 7%BF also.

AWD_Launch
06-08-2011, 11:24 AM
There is a large amount of stuff that I do not agree with in this thread. We all have our preferences. They way one person does something may not be the way the other person does it. But I think one thing we will all agree on is that no matter what you do if you are not prepared with the right mind set and ready to throw out some intensity and effort you will not get results. The key to fitness is simple: effort and intensity.

Keep your work outs simple and keep your intensity high and you will get results. Try and enjoy yourself along the way.

Yes but even science is proven

Calories consumed < calories burned = weight loss no matter what you eat
Calories consumed > calories burned = weight gain no matter what you eat

Andrew1989
06-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Yes but even science is proven

Calories consumed < calories burned = weight loss no matter what you eat
Calories consumed > calories burned = weight gain no matter what you eat

I wasn't talking about nutrition. I was just simply getting the point across that it does not matter what exercises you do if you do not put the effort in. Nutrition should be one of the most important thing in all of our lives but it takes a big back burner for some reason and we as a society look like we do and are unhealthy in general because of this.

armkneez8
06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
AthleanX has helped!