Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd exhaust system...3in mandrel true duals out the back...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd exhaust system...3in mandrel true duals out the back...

Ok I had the following exhaust system on my car.....

Now you can see there was a really big exhaust leak that went undetected, well it sounded like my rockers ticking up top, I had the valvecovers off numerous times. Anyway that was 1 of 3 leaks. You can also see that it is 2 1/2 in non mandrel bent, in the bends I measured the OD of the tube lost approx 1inch

The new system... 3in mandrel bent, but welded except for 2 places so I can remove the exhaust from before the axle so I can run dumps if I want or so I can drop the axle.

The car runs much smoother now and I noticed a decent gain in SOTP power.
I have a video clip of the car running but can't post it until later if Josh will let me put it on his site.

-Sly
Old 02-25-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks nice, hows ground clearance???

btw, im on my fifth exhaust (stock, ws6, flowmaster, dynomouth, current) and thats just from the ypipe back
Old 02-25-2004, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

that's crazy, 5 systems... I went with 3 complete systems tho...well I went from stock ws6 to stock ws6 with flowmaster muffler to 3in y-pipe with cats to the 2 1/2in duals with cats to the 2 1/2in duals with no cats to the new one I have now.

Ground clearance isn't too bad I went over some really big speed bumps and didn't bottom out when the car bounced. Doesn't mean much but I'll get pics of the ground clearance tommorow.

-Sly
Old 03-01-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

im wondering the same thing about ground clearance, i got a set of pacesetters coming in on friday (hopefully), an dill be installing a completely new exhaust system on saturday. Im debating using acatted y pipe or gow ith a 2.5inch catted x pipe but going over the axles seems a bit too um...involved? for me.going under would seem a bit easier and cheaper on my pocket book. if you get those pics of ground clearance please post them up here or send them to me at stiflerrox101@aol.com id really appreciate it
Old 03-01-2004, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

that looks great
thats exactly what im going to do
i like the placment of the bullets
the tips hide them well
are those ss 3.5" tips?