View Full Version : cop car jacked

camaro-94-z28
06-04-2011, 08:55 PM
I didnt see this posted, but if it was i apologize

http://www.officer.com/video/10272209/video-man-fights-sc-officer-steals-cruiser

Anthony Williams
06-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I would have shot him. :nod:
-But really how many of us have dreamed of taking a police Dodge, turning on the strobes and just making a balls out run because we could.

mattyj385
06-04-2011, 09:49 PM
what a freakin idiot, that crap pisses me off

TJFish
06-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Holy crap, the crash was EPIC

2slow2flurry-ous
06-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Wholly shit!

DoggyB22
06-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Fucking idiot.... Awww your legs broke. Poor you

:rotflmao::rotflmao:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTEKGCFwGEs&feature=related

XxGarbSxX
06-05-2011, 12:02 AM
How did he not see that truck making that turn? I saw that coming before he even started turning. He didn't even try to stop or slow down.

Nando92
06-05-2011, 01:02 AM
I would have shot him. :nod:
-But really how many of us have dreamed of taking a police Dodge, turning on the strobes and just making a balls out run because we could.

how did you know it was a dodge? :confused:

XxGarbSxX
06-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Actually, judging by the curvature of the hood and the reflection in the back of the Jeep, I would say it's a Crown Vic.

Anthony Williams
06-05-2011, 01:56 AM
how did you know it was a dodge? :confused:

It's a Crown Vic, the Dodge is just the Police version I'd love to roll. DEA air operations is about 2 mi. from me at March ARB and they roll some mean looking, blacked out sun visor front and package shelf mounted rear LED lighted Chargers. :eyes:

blue98Z
06-05-2011, 07:10 AM
That cop relied solely on his taser. Cop deaths will rise because of this. Most rely so much on our less lethal that we forget the basics which is nothing short of whooping ass if we have to.

I believe it's a dodge. Mainly cause the crown vics dont have hood squirters. They are in the cowl. Plus that huge grill reflection on the back of the SUV really suggests its not a crown vic.

87silverbullet
06-05-2011, 11:37 AM
When he crashes you can see the A/C controls are down low. I don't think crown vic's are like that.

Damian
06-05-2011, 11:44 AM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll4ix2L5F21qiab2yo1_500.png

z_speedfreak
06-05-2011, 11:47 AM
seen it before, but worth watching again!!

killagt
06-05-2011, 11:47 AM
He must been play grand theft auto san andreas, he should enter cheat code so the car can be invisible heheh

wooddaniel
06-05-2011, 11:52 AM
That cop relied solely on his taser. Cop deaths will rise because of this. Most rely so much on our less lethal that we forget the basics which is nothing short of whooping ass if we have to.

This is the truth. The taser is a good tool, but you still need to be proficient when it's time to go hands on.

87silverbullet
06-05-2011, 11:54 AM

I believe it's a dodge. Mainly cause the crown vics dont have hood squirters. They are in the cowl. Plus that huge grill reflection on the back of the SUV really suggests its not a crown vic.

Maybe he should of shot the tires out before the guy could pull off in his cruiser.

wooddaniel
06-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Maybe he should of shot the tires out before the guy could pull off in his cruiser.

Most agencies won't allow their Officers to shoot at moving vehicles unless it's a deadly force situation. Plus LEO's are responsible for every round that comes out of their weapon so even shooting at it before it moves is likely to be frowned upon.

Damian
06-05-2011, 12:22 PM
That seriously has to be the most embarrassing/humiliating thing that can ever happen to a police officer. Some dude whoops your ass and then takes your squad car.

I would probably quit and move to the furthest remote island I could find.

camaro-94-z28
06-05-2011, 12:36 PM
How did he not see that truck making that turn? I saw that coming before he even started turning. He didn't even try to stop or slow down.

judging by the fact that he was jumping around like a maniac, and the taser wasn't even affecting him, I would say that he was on drugs and/or had to adrenaline to control the situation.

I also think that he was playing grand theft auto a couple minutes before this situation and just got the video game mixed up with real life. haha

blue98Z
06-05-2011, 01:16 PM
This is the truth. The taser is a good tool, but you still need to be proficient when it's time to go hands on.
I prefer the hands on method most of the time lol

Like mentioned above some agencies SOP won't allow it and we are accountable for every round.

judging by the fact that he was jumping around like a maniac, and the taser wasn't even affecting him, I would say that he was on drugs and/or had to adrenaline to control the situation.
Not necessarily. The taser is most effective when deployed further away which lets the barbs spread further apart upon contact. If they are close together they usually cause pain instead of muscle lock. The further apart upon contact the better. This has happened to me twice and both times the cables were broken when they tried to brush them off. Both guys ended up in the hospital cause they wanted to fight the police.

ls2pontiac
06-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Thats just like GTA IV lol! Always has to be some moron that turns without looking. Seriously, that fag in the truck couldnt look before turning...shit like that pisses me off. I pass people all the time on side roads like that when they drive like a snail.

wooddaniel
06-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I prefer the hands on method most of the time lol.
This.

CHEVYMAN434
06-05-2011, 02:20 PM
I prefer the hands on method most of the time lol

Like mentioned above some agencies SOP won't allow it and we are accountable for every round.

Not necessarily. The taser is most effective when deployed further away which lets the barbs spread further apart upon contact. If they are close together they usually cause pain instead of muscle lock. The further apart upon contact the better. This has happened to me twice and both times the cables were broken when they tried to brush them off. Both guys ended up in the hospital cause they wanted to fight the police.

Damn dude,you sound like on of those cops that everbody hates.Gun -ho and ready to snatch somebody around,with a god given right kind of attitude.It must suck to be you.lol..Cops like that here would get run over while writing a ticket..But that chase happened a couple towns over.And what what i see on the vid,the cop would have no right to shoot the man,like some would think.Sorry but you sound like a ass with the "i prefer the hands on" and the "goin to the hospital fighting police thing".

Killjoy32
06-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Damn dude,you sound like on of those cops that everbody hates.Gun -ho and ready to snatch somebody around,with a god given right kind of attitude.It must suck to be you.lol..Cops like that here would get run over while writing a ticket..But that chase happened a couple towns over.And what what i see on the vid,the cop would have no right to shoot the man,like some would think.Sorry but you sound like a ass with the "i prefer the hands on" and the "goin to the hospital fighting police thing".

Your comprehension is terrible and you seem stupid. No where in his post did he seem "Gun-ho" as you say. Most struggles with police officers do end with someone going to the hospital, like most Life/Death fights do. If you choose to fight and Assualt on Officer like anybody defending themselves he/she has the right to blatantly kick your ass.

He is stating that he doesnt like using a Taser as it isnt always affective at stopping someone. He likes to use the OLD METHOD (before the invention and introduction of the taser) of wrestling and/or fighting someone.

Your obviously a hothead trying to be an e-thug. It must suck to be you.

CHEVYMAN434
06-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Well i could be wrong,and have been wrong many tims before.Sorry to offend

blue98Z
06-05-2011, 02:49 PM

How can you assume that I'm ass from a simple comment? These particular guys were trying to hurt someone else and by me intervening they tried to hurt me. Keep in mind these were two separate incidents. I tried to end it peacefully with a taser instead of resorting to violence by going hand to hand and I'm an ass? I do prefer the hands on method because I'm relying on a sure thing and nothing mechanical, plus my hands have never "killed" anyone either like a taser, baton, or mace when abused. Most of the time I don't use anything but words, but respect sometimes is learned the hard way. I have earned respect through the way I do my job whether it be giving a break on a ticket, doing some PR, or having to physically go toe to toe.

Now having said that, I'm also a 10yr veteran at this and you don't make it this long in the political side by being a "ass" in your words, but "IF" doing my job and being effective is being an ass then I guess that would make me an "ass." So thanks I guess? Idk what response you were looking for. I'm not gonna tie up this thread any longer with things off topic. If you wanna talk use the PM function.

geoffreymexico
06-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Your comprehension is terrible and you seem stupid. No where in his post did he seem "Gun-ho" as you say. Most struggles with police officers do end with someone going to the hospital, like most Life/Death fights do. If you choose to fight and Assualt on Officer like anybody defending themselves he/she has the right to blatantly kick your ass.

He is stating that he doesnt like using a Taser as it isnt always affective at stopping someone. He likes to use the OLD METHOD (before the invention and introduction of the taser) of wrestling and/or fighting someone.

Your obviously a hothead trying to be an e-thug. It must suck to be you.

Plus one on the lack of reading comprehension.......nowhere did anyone mention shooting the guy in the video. His comment on being accountable for rounds was a reply to someone saying he should have shot the tires out.

87silverbullet
06-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Most agencies won't allow their Officers to shoot at moving vehicles unless it's a deadly force situation. Plus LEO's are responsible for every round that comes out of their weapon so even shooting at it before it moves is likely to be frowned upon.

I understand they are accoutable for shooting their firearm and must have just reason for doing so. In this case all the people that could of been hurt with him driving like a maniac on two-way two-lane roads is maybe a just cause in pulling your firearm, not to shoot him but the tires, just so everybody here is on the same page here.

I know in the heat of the moment your brain is going 100mph, so the officer most likely didn't think about shooting the tires out.

wooddaniel
06-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I understand they are accoutable for shooting their firearm and must have just reason for doing so. In this case all the people that could of been hurt with him driving like a maniac on two-way two-lane roads is maybe a just cause in pulling your firearm, not to shoot him but the tires, just so everybody here is on the same page here.

I know in the heat of the moment your brain is going 100mph, so the officer most likely didn't think about shooting the tires out.

Yeah I knew you weren't talking about shooting him. But trying to shoot even a car tire while your adrenaline is going like that is going to be hard to do. And that's why most agencies prohibit firing your weapon unless your/a citizen's life is threatened. That's why Police and Military are trained to shoot center mass when they have to use deadly force. Sorry for the :hijack: Back to the original video, that shit was crazy. I can't say what I would have done cause I wasn't there.

Cole Train
06-05-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5tXxos9WQ

As for the Vid i can't believe how retarded that dudes driving was. I mean really he has a cruiser, with lights, just turn them on along with the sirens and most traffic will at least attempt to clear a path. I bet he didn't have on a seatbelt either so i'm sure he went knee first into the dash and chest first into the bags/wheel

LilJayV10
06-05-2011, 07:22 PM

It's called tunnel vision. It happens under high levels of stress of adrenaline.

I hope they stomped the shit out of that guy when they pulled him out and made sure his leg was broke.

I agree with the taser comment. Too many officers depend on them. When a guy that big takes a fighting stance and starts swinging at you, it's time to split his head open with a SL-35.

It was funny how he was crying like a bitch at the end screaming he won't fight.

They normally do.

XxGarbSxX
06-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Another possibility as far as the taser goes is that only one barb actually stuck in him and the other got caught in his shirt and was unable to complete the circuit.

Personally, I'm against police having tasers. Legitimate potentially deadly threats are still met with deadly force. All the taser does is open a middle ground for cops to use excessive violent action against nonviolent and nonthreatening people who simply didn't immediately comply with whatever order the officer demanded. The departments justify this by saying it's non-lethal. You'll find much more abuses of tasers than you will of handguns and batons. The device lends itself to abuse. I think cops should only have handguns and batons. If you can't bring in a nonviolent offender without violence, you don't deserve to be a cop.

In this case, the cop should have used his baton. If he still can't hold his own, create some separation and draw your gun. The guy would calm right down with a 9mm pointed at him.

1BAD-SS
06-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Now having said that, I'm also a 10yr veteran at this and you don't make it this long in the political side by being a "ass" in your words, but "IF" doing my job and being effective is being an ass then I guess that would make me an "ass."

For truth.

LilJayV10
06-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Another possibility as far as the taser goes is that only one barb actually stuck in him and the other got caught in his shirt and was unable to complete the circuit.

Personally, I'm against police having tasers. Legitimate potentially deadly threats are still met with deadly force. All the taser does is open a middle ground for cops to use excessive violent action against nonviolent and nonthreatening people who simply didn't immediately comply with whatever order the officer demanded. The departments justify this by saying it's non-lethal. You'll find much more abuses of tasers than you will of handguns and batons. The device lends itself to abuse. I think cops should only have handguns and batons. If you can't bring in a nonviolent offender without violence, you don't deserve to be a cop.

In this case, the cop should have used his baton. If he still can't hold his own, create some separation and draw your gun. The guy would calm right down with a 9mm pointed at him.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and have never been in law enforcement. You have probably never been a real fight either, especially with someone who is drunk or who is hopped up on meth or coke. It's easy for civilians to sit back and Monday morning quarter back officers saying the cop should have done it a different way.

It's the type officer not the tools they have that lend abuse.

Yes you should be in shape and on top of your training to be an officer but there will always be someone bigger more trained than you are.

You comment about how the officer should have pulled is gun truly shows your ignorance about the way L.E. works. People, I use that term loosely, know when you can and can not shoot them. You pull your gun out on someone for a reason like that and they are likely to laugh at you. You know what then? There's a gun in play now which can be taken from you and used to kill you. Now if you are getting your ass beat to the point of being knocked out that's different. You want to talk about officers using excessive force with a a tazer then you say it's ok to point a gun at someone who is fist fighting you? THAT can be considered excessive force. Again it shows your ignorance on the topic?

I promise you people are more scared of that red dot on their chest when you pull a taser out than they are when you point your glock at them. Believe that.

Tazers have their place but are often misused by officers who are too scared to use the level of force that is required to take the situation under control. Example is trying to use a tazer on someone that has a knife or a gun. At that point it's a deadly force situation and you should do whatever you have to do to go home.

If you can't do what needs to be done to get the job done and keep yourself and other officers safe, then you should not be an a cop.

If you don't agree with me or understand my points that's fine. I learned a long time ago that some people have an unrealistic perception of life and what it's really like. If you think you can do it better go sign up and do it better.

But very few people do. That's the great thing about this country. Local law enforcement and the military keep people safe that have the luxury to talk shit about things they really have no idea about.

/rant

APG12
06-05-2011, 10:03 PM
The reason the taser didn't affect him was because it didn't make full contact. You can tell by the sound it makes. The loud crackling means its not making contact, so only one probe was connected. With a full and direct contact, it is nearly impossible to resist the effects, as it temporarily disrupts your central nervous system. The problem is getting the full contact, and you NEED a back up plan when it does not work. Some guys are definitely relying too much and forget the basics of hands on when it doesn't work.

APG12
06-05-2011, 10:07 PM
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and have never been in law enforcement. You have probably never been a real fight either, especially with someone who is drunk or who is hopped up on meth or coke. It's easy for civilians to sit back and Monday morning quarter back officers saying the cop should have done it a different way.

It's the type officer not the tools they have that lend abuse.

Yes you should be in shape and on top of your training to be an officer but there will always be someone bigger more trained than you are.

You comment about how the officer should have pulled is gun truly shows your ignorance about the way L.E. works. People, I use that term loosely, know when you can and can not shoot them. You pull your gun out on someone for a reason like that and they are likely to laugh at you. You know what then? There's a gun in play now which can be taken from you and used to kill you. Now if you are getting your ass beat to the point of being knocked out that's different. You want to talk about officers using excessive force with a a tazer then you say it's ok to point a gun at someone who is fist fighting you? THAT can be considered excessive force. Again it shows your ignorance on the topic?

I promise you people are more scared of that red dot on their chest when you pull a taser out than they are when you point your glock at them. Believe that.

Tazers have their place but are often misused by officers who are too scared to use the level of force that is required to take the situation under control. Example is trying to use a tazer on someone that has a knife or a gun. At that point it's a deadly force situation and you should do whatever you have to do to go home.

If you can't do what needs to be done to get the job done and keep yourself and other officers safe, then you should not be an a cop.

If you don't agree with me or understand my points that's fine. I learned a long time ago that some people have an unrealistic perception of life and what it's really like. If you think you can do it better go sign up and do it better.

But very few people do. That's the great thing about this country. Local law enforcement and the military keep people safe that have the luxury to talk shit about things they really have no idea about.

/rant

Couldn't agree more. Some people will never understand...

phantazn
06-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Ghetto shits with no sense of respect who think they're all that, it's a shame he lived. He can't drive worth a flying fuck either.

LilJayV10
06-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Ghetto shits with no sense of respect who think they're all that, it's a shame he lived. He can't drive worth a flying fuck either.

Yeah they want to fight then when they get hurt they want to blame the police.

I wish departments and society in a whole would stand up to people like that but they are scared.

XxGarbSxX
06-06-2011, 01:04 AM
The notion that police exist to protect people is laughable at best. Even the Supreme Court agrees. Police exist to enforce laws and are under no obligation to protect people. Are there cops that care about other people and want to protect them? Yes. Are there also the polar opposite of that wearing a badge? Yes there are.

Cops have no problem using force, and the taser is probably the easiest way for them to get away with using excessive force. Not that getting away with it is difficult for cops, but tasers make it that much easier.

94FBIRD
06-06-2011, 01:34 AM
The notion that police exist to protect people is laughable at best. Even the Supreme Court agrees. Police exist to enforce laws and are under no obligation to protect people. Are there cops that care about other people and want to protect them? Yes. Are there also the polar opposite of that wearing a badge? Yes there are.

Cops have no problem using force, and the taser is probably the easiest way for them to get away with using excessive force. Not that getting away with it is difficult for cops, but tasers make it that much easier.

Your right, the police cannot protect people, it is impossible. We cannot not guarantee anyone's safety, even our own. With a determined individual the police can even be victims themselves. (For reference see the Detroit PD station active shooter video). It is my job to apprehend the offender and bring him before a court to face justice. And force to do so is authorized in every state in the union.

Where I agree with a lot of citizens and apparently some LEOs in this thread is the that the Taser is used when other means of apprehension are more appropriate. It looks like excessive force when a cop tases a guy passively resisting(not this instance) when a grab and arm bar takedown would quickly result in a simple arrest. However, the guy howling in pain after simply 'mouthing off' and refusing commands looks bad to the general public( and to me also).

Our 'bat belt' is full of gadgets and the taser should be one of them. The appropriate tool should be selected for the situation. Whether it is fists, tasers, baton, OC, flashlight or gun.

And one other thing for you, a lot of cops do have a problem with using force. They are terrified that their use of force will be judged as excessive. As a result they suffer more injuries that they should.

When you stereotype a group of people like 'cops' you put your ignorance on display for the world.

XxGarbSxX
06-06-2011, 02:01 AM
If they are following the procedures, they don't really have anything to worry about. I've seen cases where force was applied appropriately, and I've seen cases where force was applied in vastly larger quantities than was necessary. The more I look into police behavior and see how the powers that be handle any challenge to their actions, the more I see a culture of corruption and unaccountability for their own actions. It's as though they genuinely believe the badge gives them extra rights and permits them to break the very laws they enforce with little to no consequences. THAT is what annoys the ever-loving fuck out of me. The holier-than-thou attitude and the illusion that cops everywhere have the most dangerous job in the world. Maybe in Detroit, Camden, L.A., and other major cities where there is a real and serious crime problem, but anywhere else, that excuse is a bald-face lie. And as a whole, cops aren't even in the top 10 of most dangerous professions.

AronZ28
06-06-2011, 02:21 AM
I haven't read all this thread, but if I were in that situation as the cop, I'd pulled out my baton. Said something like "You want some of this you motherfucker?" All the while advancing on him and aiming for the right side of the head. Guaranteed one swift hit to the right side of the head with a 26" ASP baton would've brought that motherfucker down to the ground.

I'm all in favor of a little police brutality if its a one on one type of situation. Hell fucking yeah the cop should stomp somebody into the ground if he threatens him with physical force.

94FBIRD
06-06-2011, 02:26 AM
Garb, I agree with you, that there are cases of excessive force that are entirely unacceptable. And some departments accept and tolerate those cases, but is just gives the rest of us a blackeye that we have to struggle to overcome.

BUT, the badge DOES give us extra rights. To use appropriate force to control a person who will not comply with commands. An ordinary citizen does not have those powers.

Also, I'm a supervisor in my police agency and I will absolutely bust anyone who violates the law or Constitution on my watch.

Also, I'll agree with you that the danger in police work can be mitigated with proper precautions and the danger may not be extreme. Thus, no it is not the most dangerous job in the world. But when dealing with humans the situation is always unknown. Why, because we can never know someone's thoughts and intentions.

Another problem is that people are judging police action from videos they see on You Tube. Most are posted because they are clearly excessive force. BUT THAT IS WHY THEY ARE POSTED. I have been videoed too many times to count and have NEVER been on Youtube even while I was using force. Why? Because no cares enough to put it on the internet when they think it was appropriate.

94FBIRD
06-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Another problem is that people are judging police action from videos they see on You Tube. Most are posted because they are clearly excessive force. BUT THAT IS WHY THEY ARE POSTED. I have been videoed too many times to count and have NEVER been on Youtube even while I was using force. Why? Because no cares enough to put it on the internet when they think it was appropriate.

I had to quote myself because I see this as a huge problem that no one takes the time to understand.

LilJayV10
06-06-2011, 02:57 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z185/LilJayV10/I-like-where-this-thread-is-going-2.jpg

geoffreymexico
06-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I haven't read all this thread, but if I were in that situation as the cop, I'd pulled out my baton. Said something like "You want some of this you motherfucker?" All the while advancing on him and aiming for the right side of the head. Guaranteed one swift hit to the right side of the head with a 26" ASP baton would've brought that motherfucker down to the ground.

I'm all in favor of a little police brutality if its a one on one type of situation. Hell fucking yeah the cop should stomp somebody into the ground if he threatens him with physical force.

I highly recommend you never get a job as a LEO, because you will most likely end up in jail yourself lol

That would fall under the category of using less that lethal means to apprehend a subject as lethal just the same as the abuse of tazers.

Im a fan of OC/CS myself because i know i didnt appreciate it much myself lol

1BAD-SS
06-06-2011, 04:53 PM
And as a whole, cops aren't even in the top 10 of most dangerous professions.

Someone hasn't been paying very close attention this year have they?:gtfo:

http://www.odmp.org/

The only deaths that are down for this year are vehicle accident deaths.
In other news:

http://apbweb.com/forums/officer-down-6/

What other professions does someone decide to target an individual like this not because of who they are but what they do/represent?

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20851-sergeant-kenneth-gary-vann

1995blacktattop
06-06-2011, 04:54 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll4ix2L5F21qiab2yo1_500.png

LOL varsity blues

this one is better even though the guy is an off duty cop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGgGCvuez14

XxGarbSxX
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Someone hasn't been paying very close attention this year have they?:gtfo:

http://www.odmp.org/

The only deaths that are down for this year are vehicle accident deaths.
In other news:

http://apbweb.com/forums/officer-down-6/

What other professions does someone decide to target an individual like this not because of who they are but what they do/represent?

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20851-sergeant-kenneth-gary-vann

Yes, being killed on the job sucks. But any way you spin it, cops aren't even close to the most dangerous profession. They were only on one list I could find that actually cited death rates. Do they run into potentially dangerous situations? Yes, but they're certainly not every minute of every day. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the majority of a cop's time is spent on traffic duty making life for average people miserable.

For the record, here's the lists I found that actually cited death rates.
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/03/01/top-10-most-dangerous-jobs/ (March 2011)
http://www.classesandcareers.net/2007/07/13/top-10-most-dangerous-jobs/ (July 2007)
http://www.nuffy.net/articles/top-10-most-dangerous-jobs-in-america.html (unknown date of publication)

"Because, ultimately, when Mere Ordinaries come to view cops with contempt, as potentially dangerous thugs to fear and avoid rather than peace officers – they’ve lost moral legitimacy and once that’s gone, the only thing keeping the populace from literally tearing them to pieces at the first opportunity is just exactly that: The first opportunity."
-Eric Peters

LilJayV10
06-06-2011, 06:20 PM
I tell you what. When someone breaks into your house DON'T call the police.

If someone robs you or your loved ones they should be treated with the up most respect when they are caught. Even though the dirt bags don't care about anyone else they should be treated with the up most respect.

I'm going to let you in a secret. :secret: An unknown fact if you will...If you aren't breaking the law you won't have to deal with po-lice.

When is the last time you were sitting at work and the police came in and whooped your ass?

sw07gt
06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
The ever increasing number of wrongly executed warrants certainly doesn't help the public perception of police officers. It used to be if you weren't doing anything wrong you didn't have to worry about the police, now you have to worry about them coming through your front door for no reason at all! Combo that with the number of people released from prison thanks to places like Project Innocence that were setup by LEO's and it's pretty easy to not trust police in the slightest.

XxGarbSxX
06-06-2011, 09:46 PM

If someone robs you or your loved ones they should be treated with the up most respect when they are caught. Even though the dirt bags don't care about anyone else they should be treated with the up most respect.

I'm going to let you in a secret. :secret: An unknown fact if you will...If you aren't breaking the law you won't have to deal with po-lice.

When is the last time you were sitting at work and the police came in and whooped your ass?

So because I disagree with the ethicality of many police actions and their continued skirting of accountability, then I shouldn't call them to do their job if a crime is committed and I become a victim? That's ludicrous and you know it.

People should be shown the same amount of respect that they show others. This goes for both Mere Ordinaries and the police. If I am robbed and the culprit does not resist arrest, then they should not be pummeled gangland style. If they start fighting, let the battle commence until he is adequately restrained. It is not the police's job to dole out "justice". That is for a jury of the accused's peers.

Just because I've done nothing wrong doesn't mean I won't have to deal with police. If I turn around to get out of a traffic jam caused by a police checkpoint, I'm very likely to find myself the subject of intense scrutiny eventhough I did nothing wrong and simply didn't want to waste time and gas so the police can inspect everyone passing by on a particular road. http://www.cracked.com/article_18620_6-completely-legal-ways-cops-can-screw-you.html

Can't say I've ever been on the receiving end of an ass-beating from the police. But just because it hasn't happened to me does not mean that I am completely unaffected by injustices and illegal behavior of police directed at someone else. If it can happen to anyone, it can happen to you and me. The more we let the police get away with, the fewer rights we actually have. And when we no longer have any actual rights, that's when we're in serious trouble.

There is nothing wrong with demanding police be accountable for their actions.

roninsonic
09-24-2011, 12:27 PM
X2 on OC. I'm 6'3, 240lbs, and I had trouble cuffing a 180lb Marine when I got OC'd. The stuff works... It's a great tool on military bases, because almost EVERYONE has either been sprayed or seen someone be sprayed. That can comes out, and it's usually instant compliance.

You civilian LEO's have it rough when it comes to ROE. That looked like a pretty clear example of fulfilling the deadly force triangle. Of course, Police also don't usually shoot people that charge road blocks, so...

It sucks that civilian agencies have to pander to public opinion. Some of the stuff we do would be all over Youtube if regular LEO's tried it. Hell, my standard response to someone that doesn't obey commands during a security alert is to butt check them with an M16.

I hope this post doesn't start a flame war... I just wanted to give some of the guys on here some perspective.

You want to see some hardcore guys, check out the Italian Carabinieri. I've been to Italy a few times, and those guys fall quite firmly into the category of "NOT TO BE DICKED WITH." They pack submachine guns, and have NO problem dragging someone behind the van for a little fisticuffs.

wooddaniel
09-24-2011, 02:04 PM
X2 on OC. I'm 6'3, 240lbs, and I had trouble cuffing a 180lb Marine when I got OC'd. The stuff works... It's a great tool on military bases, because almost EVERYONE has either been sprayed or seen someone be sprayed. That can comes out, and it's usually instant compliance.

You civilian LEO's have it rough when it comes to ROE. That looked like a pretty clear example of fulfilling the deadly force triangle. Of course, Police also don't usually shoot people that charge road blocks, so...

It sucks that civilian agencies have to pander to public opinion. Some of the stuff we do would be all over Youtube if regular LEO's tried it. Hell, my standard response to someone that doesn't obey commands during a security alert is to butt check them with an M16.

I hope this post doesn't start a flame war... I just wanted to give some of the guys on here some perspective.

You want to see some hardcore guys, check out the Italian Carabinieri. I've been to Italy a few times, and those guys fall quite firmly into the category of "NOT TO BE DICKED WITH." They pack submachine guns, and have NO problem dragging someone behind the van for a little fisticuffs.

Those guys are assholes, same as the german polizei. I was an MP in the Army and was stationed in Germany for 2 years. We did rail escorts for weapons from Germany to Italy and the Carabinieri used to bitch us out if we got off the train in Italy, even cuffed one of our guys and roughed him up a little one time. I've seen a Polizei Officer kick someone in the chest just for mouthing off to them. We definitely have it pretty good in the states compared to some other places.

Bjorn20
09-24-2011, 03:35 PM

That's the way it should be. That is also how most countries handle things, or they just shoot people. Whereas in the states, it seems that the criminal can almost do whatever they want, and god forbid if a police officer lays his hands on the person and the criminal gets a lawyer and sues the police department. I think half the reason people feel to need to resist is because they already know the police officer can only do so much (legally) to end the situation. In my upcoming enlistment, I hope to not have to meet the wrong side of an MP after reading that statement, haha.

LilJayV10: I completely agree with every statement you have made. Way to kick ass in your defense, haha.

For the people that say society has rights, I think society has too many rights when it comes to crime. You talk about "non authorized warrants", I don't think the police should even need a warrant to search or to arrest a suspect hiding behind doors, since obviously something is very wrong to begin with if the police department feels the need to search your property.

SM105K
09-25-2011, 03:12 AM

I agree with this statement.

SM105K
09-25-2011, 03:30 AM

I will after I shoot the dumb bastard who broke in.

There is a reason I carry a gun, cops are too heavy to carry around. And by law, you don't have to protect me. It's okay, I am take care of myself.

Not true, you can claim reasonable/probable cause on anything to fuck with anyone. "Um Sarge, his tail light WAS out, but seems to be working fine now." Also if I am the victim, I have to deal with you.....

Maybe not me, but I am sure it has happened. There are good cops out there. However most are criminals with badges. Must be cool to legally be able to lie to obtain information. If we lie to a LEO we can be arrested. However, you can spew bullshit lies till kingdom come and nothing happens. I can go on and on, but I am too damn tired, plus I don't feel like getting into a pissing match with every LEO on the board.

Replies in bold.

1BAD-SS
09-25-2011, 08:50 AM
I don't think the police should even need a warrant to search or to arrest a suspect hiding behind doors, since obviously something is very wrong to begin with if the police department feels the need to search your property.

Scary, scary thought. There are exceptions for warrant-less searches. I've never had a problem with searching a house when those exceptions exist or getting a warrant.

DiscerningZ32
09-25-2011, 09:23 AM
That guy REALLY sucked at driving.
You can see how bad he is at 2:15-2:19, when he can't even take an easy sweeping turn.

roninsonic
09-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Those guys are assholes, same as the german polizei. I was an MP in the Army and was stationed in Germany for 2 years. We did rail escorts for weapons from Germany to Italy and the Carabinieri used to bitch us out if we got off the train in Italy, even cuffed one of our guys and roughed him up a little one time. I've seen a Polizei Officer kick someone in the chest just for mouthing off to them. We definitely have it pretty good in the states compared to some other places.
Yeah, they're assholes, allright... You can't deny that they get results, though :P

We always knew it was time to leave when they showed up. "Regular police? It's all good, just drink some more. What, wait? It's the Carabinieri? FUCK THAT, LET'S ROLL OUT."

Good times. Last deployment, one of the Marines got shithoused and married a stripper.
That's the way it should be. That is also how most countries handle things, or they just shoot people. Whereas in the states, it seems that the criminal can almost do whatever they want, and god forbid if a police officer lays his hands on the person and the criminal gets a lawyer and sues the police department. I think half the reason people feel to need to resist is because they already know the police officer can only do so much (legally) to end the situation. In my upcoming enlistment, I hope to not have to meet the wrong side of an MP after reading that statement, haha.

LilJayV10: I completely agree with every statement you have made. Way to kick ass in your defense, haha.

For the people that say society has rights, I think society has too many rights when it comes to crime. You talk about "non authorized warrants", I don't think the police should even need a warrant to search or to arrest a suspect hiding behind doors, since obviously something is very wrong to begin with if the police department feels the need to search your property.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having rights. I've thrown the Fourth Ammendment into several LEO's faces when they've tried to search my car (without probable cause, mind you), and I CCW daily. I'll all about my constitutional rights... But at the same time, I think there's a line, and once someone crosses it, a LEO should be able to respond rapidly and effectively without having to worry about public image or the political repercussions of his actions.

wooddaniel
09-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Yeah, they're assholes, allright... You can't deny that they get results, though :P

We always knew it was time to leave when they showed up. "Regular police? It's all good, just drink some more. What, wait? It's the Carabinieri? FUCK THAT, LET'S ROLL OUT."

Good times. Last deployment, one of the Marines got shithoused and married a stripper.

Haha sure was... had some fun in Europe, thank God I was single back then.

Back on topic though, I went from MP to being a civilian LEO and we definitely had more leeway if stuff got bad as MP's. I'm all for having rights as well, I agree with needing a warrant to search a home without PC. The thing that people have to remember that have a grudge against the police though is that you only hear about the bad stuff: Excessive force, profiling, ETC when those things make up only about 1-3% of Cops. Not anymore crooked than any other profession. You dont hear in the news about the positive things as much as negative because bad press gets ratings moreso than positive press. Just as an example; the next county over from me last year the Sheriff's Office did a food drive and gave away thanksgiving turkeys to the lower income areas. They gave away bookbags and bike helmets to the kids, and had deputies read to the kids and clean up trash in the neighborhood as well. They also had a Deputy arrested and fired within the same time frame. Which one do you think was on the front page of the paper? Just some food for thought.

X-ray
09-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Seriously, that fag in the truck couldnt look before turning...shit like that pisses me off. .

I don't think I can say I've ever looked BEHIND me before making a left turn.

roninsonic
09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Haha sure was... had some fun in Europe, thank God I was single back then.

Back on topic though, I went from MP to being a civilian LEO and we definitely had more leeway if stuff got bad as MP's. I'm all for having rights as well, I agree with needing a warrant to search a home without PC. The thing that people have to remember that have a grudge against the police though is that you only hear about the bad stuff: Excessive force, profiling, ETC when those things make up only about 1-3% of Cops. Not anymore crooked than any other profession. You dont hear in the news about the positive things as much as negative because bad press gets ratings moreso than positive press. Just as an example; the next county over from me last year the Sheriff's Office did a food drive and gave away thanksgiving turkeys to the lower income areas. They gave away bookbags and bike helmets to the kids, and had deputies read to the kids and clean up trash in the neighborhood as well. They also had a Deputy arrested and fired within the same time frame. Which one do you think was on the front page of the paper? Just some food for thought.

Yeah, I agree with you there... What really erks me is that a lot of the bleeding-heart liberals moan and whine constantly about the LE community, but they're the ones that are most likely to pick up the phone and dial 911 at the drop of a hat over something stupid... I don't get it.

I have the utmost respect when I encounter civilian LEO's (unless they give me reason to do otherwise... I will still correct them, confuse them, annoy them, or make them question their belief in God, if I deem it necessary), and I'm usually the LAST person to call something in.