Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Quick question on theftloc

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Quick question on theftloc

I read the stickies and the FAQ, but I still have a question and need some reassurance on the whole theftloc thing.

When I bought my car it had an aftermarket head unit in it, and I would like to change back to stock. An ex girlfriend of mine recently bought a 2002 Z28 and swapped her stock radio for an aftermarket one. So she gave me her stock unit, which says theftlock on it.

I just wanted to make sure that if I install her unit in my car, I will be able to bypass the theftloc? Just need some reassurance from you guys before I get it installed.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

Just need to make sure this will work out. Anybody?...
Old 06-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Just because the head unit has TheftLock doesn't mean that it has been activated. It was not activated from the factory and the vast majority of owners never bothered. Besides, even if it was set, the instructions for unlocking are in the Monsoon FAQ sticky.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Just because the head unit has TheftLock doesn't mean that it has been activated. It was not activated from the factory and the vast majority of owners never bothered. Besides, even if it was set, the instructions for unlocking are in the Monsoon FAQ sticky.
Ok, thanks. I appreciate the response.