Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

AFCO install questions help

Old 06-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFCO install questions help

Okay so got my afco's the other day and an in the process of installing the rear shocks now. I just put in my moser 12 bolt as well. Well I got the shocks from madman and also the shock relocation brackets as well. There is clearance when I dry fit the bracket, but to me it looks that the shock is not perfectly level. It looks like there is a very slight angle. Is this normal? It's is very very slight. Will the shock wear out or get damaged? Thank you in advance. And yes I know this thread is use less without pics.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Coal Mining Director

as long as the shock does not bind in the relocation bracket, you are golden. Slight angle is not a problem.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Ok perfect thank you. I took the shocks out and put the stockers in I'll just pay a shop to weld it up and toss emm in because I dought a Lincoln mig welder from home depot I have will be able to penetrat enough.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by Pete91
Ok perfect thank you. I took the shocks out and put the stockers in I'll just pay a shop to weld it up and toss emm in because I dought a Lincoln mig welder from home depot I have will be able to penetrat enough.
Be sure to not leave a bolt in the bracket or it will hit the shock. I would take an AFCO with you to the welder and use it to locate the mount...too low and it will bind.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey. If you run into any problems, don't hesitate to call us. We will get you squared away over the phone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AFCO install questions help