Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What Clutch to hold ~450na plus 100N2O?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Clutch to hold ~450na plus 100N2O?

What clutch will handle this much? lq4/l92/ls3 with a 100 shot of n2o on a dedicated. Don't want to spend more than $700

Thanks
Old 06-05-2011, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

i know u say u dont wanna spend more than 700 but for 729 through hinsonsupercars the monster 3 is what i have maybe alittle cheaper depending on what all u get its rated at 700/700hp and tq i daily drove the car for about 1500 miles then finally first time at the track snaped the output shaft
Old 06-06-2011, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

I would say Monster Level 3 as well. It's a little over your $700 budget, but well worth the investment!

Give me a call and I can get one coming your way!

Matt
817-750-2000
Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 AM
10 Second Club

Monstor Stage 3 FTW!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

sounds like everyone likes the monster clutches. There's a local guy selling a brand new spec level 2 for a good price, how much rwhp hae those held? I'd search but slow internet plus being on lunch break don't help lol
Old 06-08-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my honest experience?

stock LS1 clutch holds that fine for awhile... after that, any of the aftermarket clutch will hold 450 with a small shot like that.

Also, after hanging out around here long enough ive learned one thing.. people always praise the latest and greatest, even if it isnt what you asked for... you dont NEED a 700hp clutch... its cool.. its good FOR A 700 HP CLUTCH.. but you can put a newer OEM clutch in and it will hold that and work great on the street.

btw, my cammed LS1 on a 175 shot was also in a thirdgen camaro convertible.... surprised the hell out of people.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
my honest experience?

stock LS1 clutch holds that fine for awhile... after that, any of the aftermarket clutch will hold 450 with a small shot like that.

Also, after hanging out around here long enough ive learned one thing.. people always praise the latest and greatest, even if it isnt what you asked for... you dont NEED a 700hp clutch... its cool.. its good FOR A 700 HP CLUTCH.. but you can put a newer OEM clutch in and it will hold that and work great on the street.

btw, my cammed LS1 on a 175 shot was also in a thirdgen camaro convertible.... surprised the hell out of people.
I'll disagree.

While it may hold a few times it will NOT take the abuse my clutches are designed to. I can get on YouTube and pull up numerous videos from stock clutches exploding due to people trying to use them for something they were never intended to do.

The OP needs a clutch that will hold, has a warranty, will not fail, and more importantly will not self destruct when it's used in the way he wants to.

Most praise what works, some praise the latest thing (like twin disc clutches ), this is what happens on the internet. Putting me in that catagory is a little far fetched, especially considering we've sold over 4000 units and have dealers and distributors world wide; my company is hardly a "flash in the pan".
Old 06-09-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
I'll disagree.

While it may hold a few times it will NOT take the abuse my clutches are designed to. I can get on YouTube and pull up numerous videos from stock clutches exploding due to people trying to use them for something they were never intended to do.

The OP needs a clutch that will hold, has a warranty, will not fail, and more importantly will not self destruct when it's used in the way he wants to.

Most praise what works, some praise the latest thing (like twin disc clutches ), this is what happens on the internet. Putting me in that catagory is a little far fetched, especially considering we've sold over 4000 units and have dealers and distributors world wide; my company is hardly a "flash in the pan".

I would be interested in seeing the youtube videos of such explosions.

I have only been abusing OEM LS1 clutches for 8 years at the OPs power level, so im sure mine will explode in a similar matter at anytime... or start slipping.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
I would be interested in seeing the youtube videos of such explosions.

I have only been abusing OEM LS1 clutches for 8 years at the OPs power level, so im sure mine will explode in a similar matter at anytime... or start slipping.
I'll look it up tomorrow when I get back to the shop.

Quick Reply: What Clutch to hold ~450na plus 100N2O?