Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Umi and TSP

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Umi and TSP

Just got a UMI adj torque arm with the body mount. I've heard that these work fine with TSP true duals but I just want to clear that up before I try putting it on te car.

Also, this came off a moser 12bolt and is going on to a moser 9", what adjustments need to be made to ensure the torque arm is angled properly? I know it has to be near perfect so what do I do? It's still adjusted the same as it was on the other car
Old 06-05-2011, 11:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

UMI I think you use the long arm to clear the TSP exhaust. Or could use Midwest chassis torque arm mount and torque arm. Then you can use a short arm. Dont know adjustments from torque arm to differnt rear.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure if the body mount works with the TSP duals. I'm fiddling with my TSP duals now and it looks like it'd be a tight fit. Depends on how straight the cross bar is or if it angles up any. Otherwise you might have your exhaust hanging a bit further down than some would be comfortable. You'd be much better off with a full length adjustable T/A and a relocation cross member. I've just finished putting both in mine and it allowed me to get the duals just a bit closer to the car for some added clearance.

And the pinion angle is set the same for the different rears as far as I know.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got the thing for free so I was hoping to get some use out of it. Does umi make anything thatll clear?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UMI's full length bar will clear TSP's TD's easily, far better than the stock piece.

Your best bet is to sell the tunnel brace and arm on the parts classified and use the money toward a full length bar (and I recommend the relocation crossmember as well), or reconsider TD's and go with a Y-pipe set-up.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

MWC cross member and torque arm fits with the duals.

Quick Reply: Umi and TSP