Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Blew o-rings on fuel pump line...

Old 06-06-2011, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blew o-rings on fuel pump line...

About to start my car for the first time in almost a year today... Turned it over with the fuel pump fuse out to get the oil going, and got it ready to fire up. Next thing I know I hear the fuel pump priming and a splash of liquid hitting the floor. Son of a bitch...
Both o-rings in my feed line took a dump and sprayed fuel everywhere. Tried to fit a couple new ones in but couldn't get them to go. Anyone ever have the change out the o-rings in their fuel feed line before? I could use some help. We tried to get them in for about an hour and couldn't do it. Just kept spraying fuel. I'm considering just buying the line with the rings already in it. The other option I was thinking of would be to replace the entire line with some FI rated hose and do away with the rings all together. So basically tear out the hose from the metal line coming out of the pump to the fuel filter and clamp on some hose in its place. Any reason why that wouldn't work?
Old 06-06-2011, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

Clamping will not be sufficient for the pressures used in the fuel system. I can get you setup with replacement fittings at your feed line and fuel rails.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Can you PM me some info and prices? Going to be upgrading pump and injectors anyway so I guess lines wouldn't hurt.

Search this Thread