Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Electric Cutout Full Metal Jacket Protection

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default QTP Electric Cutout Full Metal Jacket Protection

The Best just got even Better!

NEW for 2011! QTP has taken our proven Quick Time Electric Cutout(QTEC) to the next level. After 2 years in R&D we are proud to offer on our electric exhaust cutouts with a new cast aluminum motor cover. Starting with a CAD, file we designed a cover for the electric motor. Casted with 360 grade aluminum, then CNC machined on the interior for a precision fit. We didn't stop there, we took it one step further using our powder coated finishing process to protect it and keep your electric cutouts looking better than ever! Whether your application is Street or Strip, Hot Rods to the Family SUV the Motor Cover provides your ride with Full Metal Jacket Protection.

Another Industry First!

More Size Options than any other Cutout on the Market!

Our kits are available for any application from old school muscle to high tech imports. Sizes range from 2.25", 2.5", 3", 3.5" and 4" and our popular Low-Profile Oval Cutout kits. If your tight on space? No problem the Low Profile kits are totally customizable as they do not require the standard round Y-pipes. Instead we ship you our polished, connection tubes in the kit from there you cut the pipe to the length and angle that's just right for YOUR specific vehicle. Have questions as to which one will work best for your vehicle? Call Us! We're happy to help.

We have been shipping all our units out since march so all our dealers should have the new style.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We finally caught up from the bum rush of orders. All dealers are fully stocked. We also are finishing up our new wireless unit that will be out shortly.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to replace one of my motors with this new replacement unit, and let me tell you, I was not impressed. after 2 weeks, the new motor I had installed ceased to work. I tore apart the whole assembly, pulling apart the gears and such to actually get the motor out, and to my horror, the motor was covered in rust... I tried as best I could to clean it up, and I eventually did get it working. Sure enough, the next day it was dead again. Let me tell you that a simple rubber grommet at the wire side exit of this great CNC machined case would actually make the part worth the money, and would cost your company minimal amounts of money to produce. Upon inspecting every part of this product, I am very impressed with the quality, and design, but that is one MAJOR flaw, which has really made me wonder whether or not it would be worth it for me to purchase another motor from you guys. Let me emphasize that I DO love your product, and am impressed with the design, but that just seemed like such a bad thing to overlook.

Thanks, Ryan.

Last edited by 1999CamaroSS; 03-13-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 06-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What size is the exhaust piping on the Y's that the electirc cutout connects to?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good!

Quick Reply: QTP Electric Cutout Full Metal Jacket Protection