Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Engagment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Engagment Issues

I am currently working on a friends BMW that I have installed an 2000 Camaro LS1 with T56 Transmission. It has a Spec Stage 3 clutch, with a stock resurfaced flywheel. For some reason, the Slave cylinder is not pushing the clutch in.

So far, the slave has been replaced with the newest version possible, as I hear the old version has issues. The BMW master cylinder was replaced with a wilwood 3/4" master. I pulled the clutch off to make sure it was not bent in any fashion, and it is perfect. I have shimmed the clutch to the correct amount, then shimmed it several more times up to 3/8" MORE than what it should be with no change, just to see if shimming could possibly be an issue.

It is running a remote bleeder that I am considering pulling off and bleeding manually to see if that could be an issue. Other than that, everything is leak free and bled properly.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue could be? I have pulled this transmission over 10 times now and I am getting tired of it.

I have the same wilwood master cylinder with a spec stage 3 in my rx7 with ls1 and have never had any issues..

Thanks!
~Richard
Old 06-10-2011, 12:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Moving.......
Old 06-10-2011, 01:25 PM
FormerVendor

How is the Master adjusted? I assume that you have played with the adjustment to insure that you are seeing the proper length stroke. The clutch only requires 3/8" of diaphragm conpression to release. I know this may sound like a crazy question but are you sure the disc is installed with the proper orientation. Additionally, have you checked the measurements recommended to determine the need for a shim? What were your A and B measurements if you have? If not I can send you a diagram that illustrates this. Let me know and I will be happy to help you. Thanks,
Old 06-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
How is the Master adjusted? I assume that you have played with the adjustment to insure that you are seeing the proper length stroke. The clutch only requires 3/8" of diaphragm conpression to release. I know this may sound like a crazy question but are you sure the disc is installed with the proper orientation. Additionally, have you checked the measurements recommended to determine the need for a shim? What were your A and B measurements if you have? If not I can send you a diagram that illustrates this. Let me know and I will be happy to help you. Thanks,
Yea, I have pulled the clutch off just to ensure everything was straight and installed properly. I did take the measurements, but I do not have them on hand, i measured and made a shim without ever writing them down. Currently, the master does not really have an "adjustment" as the install is not completed yet (until I get the clutch to work, I am not going to complete everything). but it does get a full stroke, that I am very sure of. it actually bottoms out the master about 2" before the clutch hits the floor.

Only thing I can think of is there is something wrong with the remote bleeder.. I am going to pull it off this weekend and see what happens.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:45 AM
FormerVendor

Keep me posted and let me know what you find. I am here to help you if needed. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Teching In

So did re-adjusting your pedals solve your problem? I have a similar problem with spec stg2.

Quick Reply: Clutch Engagment Issues