Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Pulled over for....aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Pulled over for....aftermarket exhaust

So last night I am cruising up to go and play hockey, speed limit is 55, I have the cruise set at 59 knowing how the cops sit on the road I was on. Sure enough I pass a marked car and keep rolling. I look back and see that he is pulling out, lights flashing. I chuckle wonder what person he nailed for speeding, but next time I know he is on my tail. I pull over, present him with my license and registration, he goes back to his runs the info and then comes back and questions whose car it is, do I live at the address stated on my license etc etc etc. I answer all the questions, he then goes to tell me that "Virginia state code, prohibits modify the exhaust system". Wow first I have heard of that, he lets me off with a warning and on my way I go. Guess he wont be too happy when I get those headers on! But man pulled over for exhaust...come on, I am just running a B&B with x-pipe. Anyone else had a similar experience?
Old 06-08-2011, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come to the TX forum. Happens frequently
Old 06-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Cops are DICKS. BTW most state laws prohibite anything but the originally equiped factry exhaust. So anyone who went to midas is in violation of that law. They are stupid laws that were never changed to give cops the power to pull you over.

Change the scenario around and you maybe had been drinking or smelled of an illegal smoking product... that one BS law was just used to get probable cause to search your vehicle.

Cops are people to and just like people some are just DICKS. PArticularly in the wonderful commonwealth(I always though VA was a communist state) of Vaginia.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I worked law enforcement for a while, so I never try to bash the cops, but there are always a couple of bad apples. His reaction was priceless when the small plastic bag holding my lug nut key came out of my glove box. He flipped his ****, asking me what it was, why its in a bag, he smelled the bag etc. Good times!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:12 AM

Brothers PD as well as a number of my friends(all in MD). And i know a lot of their friends.

I bash those deserving of being bashed. And even my brother will from time to time. I love it cause he will tell a cop he is giving the rest of them a bad name just for being a dick.

As i said cops are just people... and some people have little ***** issues... Jus tthe cops with those issues have the power to take their insecurities out on the public.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

So true man, so true!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

That sucks!! I've been pulled over with my cat-less setup. Cop didn't say one thing about the exhaust or smell...
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I got pulled over a few weeks ago while on vacation in Florida for the same thing. That guy was even worse, I was out of state and he still did a full car inspection. Was going to write me several tickets for window tint and exhaust until his computer was 'acting up'. To make matters worse, it was my birthday and my two dogs were going ballistic inside and tearing up my armrest while I was standing by the rear bumper.

Try owning my history of SLOW cars.

Modded slammed Civic hatch

Nissan SER SpecV lowered with fart can and tinted out

Subaru Legacy GT lowered with loud exhuast and a 50/50 BOV and tinted out

Ive been pulled so many times for BS that i just dont care anymore.

My last trip to Ocean City I got a fix it ticket/warning about not having a frotn tag. The little tiny 19y/o social reject pedaled his little huffy past a mustang doing a burnout to do this. I was nothign but nice and cordual to the little ****. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and feel bad for whatever woman has to lay under that "man" at night.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

Used to get pulled over frequently in my last Cadillac with big rims, excuse was always "tint looks too dark". One time they tossed my car looking for drugs and guns, shoulda seen their puzzlement when the found my clay detailing bar in a baggy.
Funny I never did get a ticket for the tint, they just wanted the excuse to pull over a heavily tattooed younger guy driving a Caddy.
They don't bother me now that I have the V, it must have been the rims.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Been pulled over for the same thing when I lived in CA... jerks
Old 06-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Launching!

No exhaust tickets yet for me *knock on wood* and the county I live in has been on that show "speeders" with the cops dressed in camo, sittign in the woods taking radar.....

I did, however, get pulled over for not having a front tag mounted to the front (it was in my window)...I was turnign right, the cop was turning left and he felt the need to come pull me over...

Like it was said before, as long as you are nice, most cops are cool about it (like mine) and will give you a warning or something, but there are some bad apples, and I hate to say it, but when they start acting like a dick, so do I.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:00 PM

One of my favorite police memories is the day I totaled my civic on I95.

Got a ticket for failure to control my vehicle.

Anyway I get to court and the cop goes first. States he saw me "weaving in out and of traffic in my silver honda" and yada yada yada.

Judge turns to me and asks for my plea, I stated not guilty. Judge asked for a reason. I stated, because the officer is lying. Needless to saw after a small ockward moment and some blank faces the judge asked me explain. Turns out i was in a white civic and the rookie officer had showed up about 20-30 minutes after the accident when I was waiting on a tow truck....

Judge looks at officer, officer starts rifling through his papers, judge turns back to me and says "sir you have a nice day you are dismissed".

A great day for dick cops everywhere
Old 06-08-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hahaha fantastic story!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Virginia cops would hate me. Lol. Glad I'm in az.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by STAGEUP
Virginia cops would hate me. Lol. Glad I'm in az.
yea AZ is pretty chill about this stuff
Old 06-08-2011, 03:26 PM

VA cops aer all *****. Seriously they dont even give the nod to out of state police officers. Liek normally there is a good amount of... whats teh best word here. General comrodery and understanding amongst officers of the law. VA doesnt have that.

Its also a huge ticket for 20 over... Speeding and wreckless endangerment as well as others. Zero tolerance. My friend got pulled over on Rt 66 for i **** you not 1mph over the posted speed and was also given a ticket for a few other things. I dont think he ever paid the fines and was told his driving privliages in VA were revoked. Hate taht state. i told one cop that my V1 was a GPS unit when he asked if it was a radar detector(it was unplugged but still up).
Old 06-08-2011, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

I have started to hate VA because of the cops. I agree not all are bad, but it seems like everytime I get pulled over, it is by a cop that is a d!ck. I was pulled over twice in my drive way by the same short police officer, first time for going 35 in a 25, which I was aggravated that as I was getting out of my car, he pulled up with his lights on and told me to step back in my car, then gave me the ticket. The second time, I was in my wifes galant, and he did the same thing, although I was not all the way out of the car yet, this time he said I didnt stop at the stop sign, I told him he was wrong that I did stop, so he then gave me a ticket for the tint. Same police officer pulled my wife over in our drive way, as she was getting out, said she didnt stop at the stop sign, which she did, then gave here a ticket for her tint, and because she couldnt find her pink slip for her inspection sticker, pilled it off, gave here a ticket for that and the tail light. Me and my wife are going to go to court for those tickets, and express our encounters with this police officer. Thank god my wife knows how to calm me down, because I was ready to fight. Anyways that is the end of my rant, and like I said its not all police officers just a couple, but i only seem to run into the d!cks
Old 06-08-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

California Highway Patrol sucks out here...... especially the motorcycle guy's. Most all of the sheriff's are cool
Old 06-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Come to Detroit, you can drive whatever you want, as loud as you want!

They're more worried about more pressing issues.

Hell, we don't even have inspection out here, AT ALL..

Quick Reply: Pulled over for....aftermarket exhaust