Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

No front plates in Ohio: Please chime in for the final PUSH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation No front plates in Ohio: Please chime in for the final PUSH!!!!

This bill HB No. 107 to remove front plates is on the fence on going for a vote to get it out of the committee of transportation. So it is not even allowed to be voted on without this support. I was told that if it was called for a vote outside of the committee that it would pass by a large margin. This will save Ohio $1.65 million a year (and will continue to increase in savings as the cost of raw materials and transportation goes up in price) in its budget and you will save $1 on registration fees. And if you ever need to get new plates it will save you half of the amount. Please show your support and contact Chairman Courtney Combs (a man) at:

77 S. High Street
13th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-6111
Phone: (614) 644-6721
Fax: (614) 719-6954
Email: district54@ohr.state.oh.us

Writing an email showing support for the bill and following up with a simple phone call and leaving a message with your name and telephone number will be the best support you can show. Signing a support form for the bill might also help.

There are two trains of thought I have for this.

I could hold something at Quaker Steak and Lube or some other car gathering location to get signatures to include phone numbers and that is all. But email and phone support is crucial as well. If anyone has any ideas for this please let me know on a get together that could be arranged to show support for this. I am available Sunday evening and next Saturday during the day and all week during the evenings except Tuesday.

I am in the process of writing a general letter to which you would only have to email and make a follow up call to this specific person. If you are in favor of changing the plates from front and rear to just needing a rear plate and don't have the time to type up an email I will send you mine with a few small changes. So if time is not on your side PLEASE PM me on here and include your email address as it will make it infinitely easier to help you if at all possible. If not I can include it in a pm but it's a bit more difficult. This is right on the verge of being cast for a vote so please show your support.

If anyone has any ideas or wants to come forward to get something going by all means please do so. The committee goes into recess on July 1st so getting all of your info to them prior is incredibly important!

Thanks,
Troy
Old 06-08-2011, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

If time is a concern I have typed this up:

I, (insert name), write this electronic statment fully in support of the HB Number 107 (in the link below) in support of saving Ohio's budget $1.65 million annually. I wish to no longer have a front plate and further more hope this goes to a vote. I support Representative Slesnick's and Representative Damschroder's Bill. Please let me know how else I may convey my support for this cause. Over time I have heard of supporters of this cause and for the most part many do not know how to show their support so that it may be heard.

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/b...?ID=129_HB_107

Sincerely,
(insert name)

I have been contacting state representatives' offices for the past two days and got some really goof info and positive feedback.

Any small changes you make to it are welcome as I don't want to send too much of a blanket letter. Thank you for your support!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They need to remove the blanket from their eyes and just do away with it like every state that touches ohio has done.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

If you end up having a gathering of sorts please pm me. I'm near Akron. I know it's short notice but I believe Summit Racing is having the Summit Nationals in Tallmadge this Saturday. It might be a good spot to get signatures if it could be worked out.

Quick Reply: No front plates in Ohio: Please chime in for the final PUSH!!!!